Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion! |
You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.
If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|09-09-2017, 11:29 PM||#1 (permalink)|
I am Beyonce, Always.
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12,740Cash: 600,384,896.88
Total Bankroll: 70,920,527,612,365,288.00
Post-Game Thoughts: Georgia
1. UGA was the better team
2. Our o-line is good, but not worthy of the accolades/praise/hype that they and HH get.
3. Play calling didn't help, but Wimbush looked like a first-time starter. No throw accuracy.
4. Mike McGlinchey had a good get-off on that last play, kick-stepped well, and STILL got beat. Ugh.
5. Defense held up, but worried it was just UGA's ****ty OL.
|09-09-2017, 11:31 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 779Cash: 190,000,000,970.15
Total Bankroll: 107,255,786,605,808.84
Penalties kept this one competitive. Offense was hard to watch, really hard -- either Wimbush was being pursued, plays were being telegraphed or Wimbush was missing targets. I dread the rest of the season. Also, defense was great! Lots of players on D played really well (except turn your damned heads in the secondary!)
|09-09-2017, 11:32 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Posts: 1,849Cash: 1,234,801,601.22
Total Bankroll: 1,147,237,107,722,859.00
Wimbush is not the guy. Chip Long is also not the guy.
Any other man stops and talks, but the walking man walks
|09-09-2017, 11:33 PM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,587Cash: 759.15
Total Bankroll: 11,762,558,005,769.61
Team overall played better than I expected.
Oline has some work to do, but GA was stacking the box. I would like to see a mix up of play-calling when that happens.
So proud of the D tonight. For a group that everyone said was terrible, they held the almighty rushing attack of Georgia to a minimal number.
We are a better football team than last year by far and that gives me hope.
|09-09-2017, 11:34 PM||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Provo, Utah
Posts: 234Cash: 29,302.99
Total Bankroll: 29,302.99
- Wimbush needs to learn to be a QB. Pre-snap read/adjustments are needed at this level. He checked down too quickly and too often due to pressure which brings us to...
- OL needs ot step up and bully people. We talk about hw great they are, but they have never shown their full potential.
- Way too slow on the running game. on that 3rd down wimbush made the correct read and needed to bulldoze ahead to get the 3 yards. Instead tried to go around. Dumb decision. But even Adams going to the line was dumb. They had guys stacked in the box. Nothing was going to open up for you by waiting.
- Passing game needed to be used way more, and you gotta be smarter about the routes you are calling. Way too predictable at times. Couple of drops. Need to clean that up.
- We are lucky they made a lot of mistakes. Otherwise the game would have been totally different.
- The late hit and the TD catch were questionable calls. I'll never get over them.
- Defense was impressive all the way around. Very proud of them. Last year UGA is scoring 60 on us. Considering all the possessions they had, you can't be upset with the defense.
- Finally, I have decided that I want Flutie to coach Boston College so we can beat his ass every year.
(Delete my thread)
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|