Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

View Poll Results: Should Kelly Coach ND Next Year?
Yes 153 50.66%
No 149 49.34%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2015, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
gkIrish
Community Mod/Greek God

Cash: 34,000,000,107,568.09
Bank: 192,467,745,042,399.25
Total Bankroll: 226,467,745,149,967.38
Donate
gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks New York Giants New York Rangers Manchester United USA

Brian Kelly Revisited

I'm just going to post a bunch of random negative thoughts about BK in this post but feel free to use this as a place to talk about him good or bad.

1. BK will now get a pass from most Irish fans assuming we don't completely tank. The "10 win" expectation most fans had will probably now drop down to 7-8 wins. It's not like we were playing very well when Malik went down...

2. Still never seems to have a plan B in place when things go poorly. I mean he was sitting there talking to Malik for what seemed like 6 plays rather than focusing on the actual game. I understand going over there to console him briefly but my impression was that BK was trying to see if he could come back in to play so Kizer didn't have to. In other words, plan B was "Oh **** can I still go with Plan A." This isn't the best example of this (Joe Schmidt going down and ND defense collapsing is better) but seems to happen a lot.

3. Play calling is still utterly horrible. There was a 20 minute stretch during the game where I didn't understand why we ran every play when we did. The 2nd and 10 runs, the 4th and short dive plays. The lack of screens. etc. etc. I don't even know who calls plays anymore it changes so often but it's ultimately on the head coach.

4. How many academically elite schools are going to beat us or come close to beating us (Northwestern, Stanford, Virginia, Navy, etc.) before we stop using our academics as an excuse for recruiting seemingly getting worse every year.

5. How long will we stay with a coach just because we fear we can't do better. 2012 was a team with many Weis players. Our records were 8-4 and 7-5 with teams with only BK players. This season will likely be very similar.

I used to be a huge BK supporter. Don't think I can do it anymore. Especially if we lose 4 games again this year. Obviously we are 2-0 and I hope we win every game and will gladly eat my words but I'm scouting the college football coaching landscape for new candidates.

Last edited by gkIrish; 09-12-2015 at 08:12 PM..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-12-2015, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
koonja
GOAT

Cash: 25,903.99
Bank: 296,034,599,855,636.25
Total Bankroll: 296,034,599,881,540.25
Donate
koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

I'm torn. On one hand I'm thinking 'man, if Fuller and/or Jaylon somehow came back next year, we're loaded'. But we say that almost every other year. Also struggling with BK struggling with plan B. Jimbo Fisher sends every QB to the first round, and no back up looked worse than Sam Mcguire last year when Jameis was suspended and they had time to prepare.

I honestly think we have just **** ugly luck.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
tussin
My name is Judge.

Cash: 1,784.86
Bank: 10,596,967,549,113,600.00
Total Bankroll: 10,596,967,549,115,384.00
Donate
tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!tussin should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers Bucknell

Still no excuses this year. Kizer was a top recruit...coach him up and let's run the table. Make your money BK.

Saban and Meyer won NCs with first time starters.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2015, 08:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
ACamp1900
That's a Paddlin

Cash: 1,106,728,999,928.53
Bank: 203,229,127,176.28
Total Bankroll: 1,309,958,127,104.81
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins USA

I've never really bought in, but I've never really hated either... I've always hoped BK could be the guy who sets up the guy... Not sure ive ever believed he can be the one. Again have always hoped I'm wrong.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Irish Insanity
All-American

Cash: 664.40
Bank: 1,083,771,673,019,257.25
Total Bankroll: 1,083,771,673,019,921.62
Donate
Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Notre Dame

I was one foot off the wagon a few years ago. I've fallen off now.

Show out, or get out.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
koonja
GOAT

Cash: 25,903.99
Bank: 296,034,599,855,636.25
Total Bankroll: 296,034,599,881,540.25
Donate
koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tussin View Post
Still no excuses this year. Kizer was a top recruit...coach him up and let's run the table. Make your money BK.

Saban and Meyer won NCs with first time starters.
Not fair to BK. Look at the differences in schedule.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
gkIrish
Community Mod/Greek God

Cash: 34,000,000,107,568.09
Bank: 192,467,745,042,399.25
Total Bankroll: 226,467,745,149,967.38
Donate
gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks New York Giants New York Rangers Manchester United USA

Also...in before "Auburn almost lost to Jacksonville St. today" and "Arkansas lost to Toledo at home"