Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

View Poll Results: Should Kelly Coach ND Next Year?
Yes 189 52.79%
No 169 47.21%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #1170 (permalink)
IrishSteelhead
All Flair, No Substance

Cash: 352,852.88
Bank: 55,580,721,617.37
Total Bankroll: 55,581,074,470.25
Donate
IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks

Brian Kelly Revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
I've been saying this before the game started.

How can an oline stop a loaded box?

The QB needs to force the box to breakdown. Why Kelly spent so much wasted effort to start the game running, idk. But we should have been throwing from the start.
If we would have established the passing game earlier on this game would have been much different.

I feel like BK did exactly what most people here have complained about him NOT doing numerous times in the past: commit to the run, and don't panic and start an air raid by the second possession. It was almost like he reads the Gameday posts here and took notes. He trusted his o-line to make the plays they have been lauded for making, and they didn't reciprocate. Loaded box or not, they were getting worked all night.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 10-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #1171 (permalink)
gkIrish
Community Mod/Greek God

Cash: 209,445.44
Bank: 1,422,162,748,592,885.75
Total Bankroll: 1,422,162,748,802,331.25
Donate
gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks New York Giants New York Rangers Manchester United USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLax View Post
I disagree with almost all of that.
1. Clemson started fast and executed plays. That's what you'd freaking expect with 16 days to watch film, key on tendencies, and script your first 10 or so plays like most teams do. They were aided by two special teams miscues on those drives, and the defense surrendered under 300 yards of offense.
2. Regardless of what you think of going for 2, it's basically been proven on this site from other posters that the "chart" says it's the right call (or at least debatable depending on how you evaluate other factors). I wouldn't have gone for two, but after considering all the facts there really isn't an argument that it was a truly egregious decision akin to the Northwestern call.
3. How many of those "26 fourth and fifth year players" dropped passes and fumbled? One of them? CJ Prosise, is a junior right? Sanders had 2, Prosise had 1, Brown had 1, Kizer had 1, and I forget the last. Almost none of the big time drops were from seniors/5th year seniors. So this entire point is on its surface beyond ****ing stupid.
4. OK.
5. OK. None of those players are a starting QB, and ND is way past "6"... but his point is fine, everyone has their problems.
6. Already explained why Fortuna is being a dumb cunt on this point.
7. WHO THE HELL EVER SAID WE HAD A TITLE DESTINY!?!?!
3. Fuller also dropped one IIRC.

7. The team. Numerous posters on this site (I mean look at Judghed's posts this morning). Experts who predicted us to make the playoffs. etc. etc.

And if we didn't have a title shot this year, that's the ENTIRE POINT OF THIS THREAD. YOU SHOULD BE IN THE TITLE CONVERSATION IN YEAR 5
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-05-2015, 12:23 PM   #1172 (permalink)
IrishSteelhead
All Flair, No Substance

Cash: 352,852.88
Bank: 55,580,721,617.37
Total Bankroll: 55,581,074,470.25
Donate
IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks

Brian Kelly Revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkIrish View Post

7. The team. Numerous posters on this site (I mean look at Judghed's posts this morning). Experts who predicted us to make the playoffs. etc. etc.

And if we didn't have a title shot this year, that's the ENTIRE POINT OF THIS THREAD. YOU SHOULD BE IN THE TITLE CONVERSATION IN YEAR 5

How about year 6, because that's where we are. This year is a cataclysmic failure with anything less than double digit wins, and a top 15 class IMO.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #1173 (permalink)
Irish Insanity
All-American

Cash: 2,231.91
Bank: 5,355,374,402,872,257.00
Total Bankroll: 5,355,374,402,874,489.00
Donate
Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Notre Dame

Quote:
And if we didn't have a title shot this year, that's the ENTIRE POINT OF THIS THREAD. YOU SHOULD BE IN THE TITLE CONVERSATION ALMOST EVERY YEAR AFTER YEAR 5
FIFY
Old 10-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #1174 (permalink)
pkt77242
IPA Man

Cash: 667,675,983,416.92
Bank: 352,946,518,468,134.69
Total Bankroll: 353,614,194,451,551.62
Donate
pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Minnesota Twins Minnesota Vikings Notre Dame

Quote:

Fuller is in his 3rd year, not 4th or 5th.

ETA: Also we have 1 loss, I think a 10-2 season is still very likely. Were you really expecting better than that this year? What was your preseason prediction?

Last edited by pkt77242; 10-05-2015 at 12:27 PM..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #1175 (permalink)
RDU Irish
Catholics vs. Cousins

Cash: 1,018,666,770,773.58
Bank: 43,057,697,444.13
Total Bankroll: 1,061,724,468,217.70
Donate
RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Bears Notre Dame

End of the day, drops and fumbles cost us more than any coaching decision. The drops and fumbles were we evenly spread across the team so I am not seeing anyone as a complete scapegoat. Sometimes you have to accept that crap happens, how you respond to that crap says a lot more about you than anything. We bounced back and gave ourselves a solid shot at winning.

Holtz got run out of town for the type of talk you are making. Nobody is perfect but damn if Kelly isn't the closest thing we have had to the real deal in 20 years. He is going to have to do a hell of a lot worse than this to lose my confidence.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:25 PM   #1176 (permalink)
Ndaccountant
Old Hoss

Cash: 21,272,803,342.33
Bank: 230,343,118,880,999.84
Total Bankroll: 230,364,391,684,342.16
Donate
Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns

Quote:
You think we should have gone for two and that we should have come out flat in the first half? Interesting...
I personally would have gone for two for one big reason.....if I fail, I have the chance to make up for it with the rest of the game. At that point in the game, ND had to assume at best, 3 more possessions (maybe only 2) and have not exactly been moving up and down the field. If I know I need 2 TD's to win it in my final 3 drives, I would call the game differently. Basically, it's whether or not I need to play for a FG in conditions that were dicey for Yoon. Certainly impacts your decision making going forward in the game.