Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
JughedJones
Brewer, Patriot, Domer.

Cash: 37,705.03
Bank: 3,132,517,964.96
Total Bankroll: 3,132,555,669.99
Donate
JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!
Oakland Raiders Notre Dame

So Phish is starting their 4 day NYE run today...

For anyone who cares

Friday, 12/28/1990
The Marquee, New York, NY

Set 1: Runaway Jim, Foam, Horn, Reba, Llama, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird > Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Golgi Apparatus

Set 2: The Landlady > Possum, The Squirming Coil -> Tweezer -> Manteca -> Tweezer > The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > My Sweet One > Divided Sky, No Good Trying > Hold Your Head Up, Don't Get Me Wrong, Funky Bitch

Encore: Bouncing Around the Room, Highway to Hell

Notes: Possum contained Charlie Chan and Random Note signals and a We Wish You a Merry Christmas tease. Page played a few notes of HYHU before No Good Trying. No Good Trying through Funky Bitch featured John Popper on harmonica.

1990.12.28 - The Marquee - YouTube

Monday, 12/28/1992
Palace Theatre, New Haven, CT

Soundcheck: Diamond Girl, Punch You in the Eye, Dog Log, Shaggy Dog, AC/DC Bag (x2, slowly)

Set 1: Maze, Sparkle, Foam, Buried Alive > Glide > It's Ice > Bouncing Around the Room, Rift, Golgi Apparatus, Sweet Adeline, Run Like an Antelope

Set 2: Poor Heart, Split Open and Melt, Reba, The Sloth, You Enjoy Myself > The Lizards, Hold Your Head Up > Bike > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood, Cavern

Encore: Memories, Fire

Notes: During the intro to Buried Alive, Trey talked about his family and mentioned that he had about 16 family members in the audience. The YEM vocal jam was based on the word "Xanadu" and also contained Guy Forget quotes from Fishman. The Hood intro contained two Simpsons signals and a Random Note signal.

1992.12.28 - Palace Theatre - YouTube

Tuesday, 12/28/1993
Bender Arena, American University, Washington, DC

Soundcheck: Dream On, My Mind’s Got a Mind of its Own, Leprechaun, Daniel Saw the Stone (several times), My Friend My Friend Intro, Punch You in the Eye (x3), The Squirming Coil (x3), Stash, My Friend My Friend, Horn (x2), 2001 (x2), Split Open and Melt, You Enjoy Myself, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony, The Horse, Fluffhead Intro, The Divided Sky Intro, Silent in the Morning, Reba, Fee, Kashmir

Set 1: Peaches en Regalia > Poor Heart > Split Open and Melt, Esther > The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg > Ya Mar, It's Ice > Fee > Possum

Set 2: Sample in a Jar, You Enjoy Myself, My Friend, My Friend -> The Lizards, The Sloth, Fast Enough for You > Uncle Pen, Harry Hood, Highway to Hell

Encore: Memories, Golgi Apparatus

Notes: For the entire New Year’s Run, the stage was set up as an aquarium, complete with sand, seaweed, rocks, and a giant clam. Suzy included a Tweezer tease and Possum included a Kashmir tease. Peaches (first since June 23, 1989, or 558 shows) was likely played in memory of Frank Zappa, who passed away a few weeks before. Subsequently, SOAM included Peaches teases. Ya Mar included an Auld Lang Syne tease and Hood included a Simpsons signal. Trey sang the verses of Fee through a megaphone. My Friend started out with Trey on acoustic guitar and did not contain the "Myfe" ending.

1993.12.28 - Bender Arena - YouTube

Wednesday, 12/28/1994
Civic Center, Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Mound > Simple, Julius, Bathtub Gin, Bouncing Around the Room, Axilla (Part II), Reba, Dog Faced Boy, It's Ice > Run Like an Antelope

Set 2: Suzy Greenberg > NICU > Mike's Song -> The Mango Song > Weekapaug Groove, Contact, Llama, Hold Your Head Up > Love You > Hold Your Head Up, The Squirming Coil

Encore: Bold As Love

Notes: Reba did not have the whistling ending. Weekapaug Groove featured Auld Lang Syne and Little Drummer Boy teases.

1994.12.28 - Philadelphia Civic Center - YouTube

Thursday, 12/28/1995
Worcester Centrum Centre, Worcester, MA

Set 1: Split Open and Melt, Gumbo > The Curtain > Julius, Guyute, Horn > Rift > Fast Enough for You, Possum

Set 2: Timber (Jerry) > Theme From the Bottom > Wilson > Buried Alive > Tweezer -> I Didn't Know, Uncle Pen, Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Fee > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: The P.A. went out during Rift, causing some giggles when Page sang “and silence contagious in moments like these.” Wilson included a Johnny B. Goode tease. During Tweezer, Mike practiced part of what would become the Bass Jam on the following evening. Trey sang the verses of Fee through a megaphone.

1995.12.28 - Worcester Centrum Centre - YouTube

Saturday, 12/28/1996
CoreStates Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Runaway Jim, NICU, Wolfman's Brother, It's Ice, Billy Breathes, Ginseng Sullivan, Split Open and Melt, The Mango Song, Frankenstein

Set 2: Makisupa Policeman -> Maze, Bouncing Around the Room, Digital Delay Loop Jam -> The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > Mike's Song -> Strange Design > Weekapaug Groove, The Star Spangled Banner

Encore: Johnny B. Goode

Notes: Makisupa Policeman included the cryptic lyrics “Stink, Stank, Stunk,” which may have been a reference to the theme song in The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Weekapaug Groove ended with a long Page solo. The Star Spangled Banner was dedicated to Kate Smith, who used to sing God Bless America at Flyers’ home hockey games.

1996.12.28 - Corestates Spectrum - YouTube

Sunday, 12/28/1997
USAir Arena, Landover, MD

Set 1: Julius, Cities > The Curtain > Sample in a Jar, The Old Home Place > Runaway Jim, Farmhouse, Funky Bitch, Split Open and Melt, Bouncing Around the Room, Character Zero

Set 2: Axilla > Simple, Ghost > Drowned > Scent of a Mule, Halley's Comet > Slave to the Traffic Light, Rocky Top > Cavern

Encore: Bold As Love

Notes: The Mule Duel contained Roundabout teases and a slow jam instead of the traditional duel. Between Simple and Ghost, Trey talked about feedback problems and the “ghosts in the machine.”

1997.12.28 - U.S. Air Arena - YouTube

Monday, 12/28/1998
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Set 1: Axilla > Stash, Farmhouse, Taste, Sleep, Albuquerque, Driver, Tube > Golgi Apparatus > Good Times Bad Times

Set 2: Carini > Wolfman's Brother, Birds of a Feather, When the Circus Comes, Quinn the Eskimo -> David Bowie

Encore: Been Caught Stealing

Notes: For the first show of the Holiday Run, the stage was decorated with flowers and sculptures. During the encore, parts of the set began to grow and sprout leaves. This stage setup was used for this show only, and disappeared for the rest of the run. Before Sleep, Fishman’s drum kit was moved to allow the crew to roll out a small mini-stage with a scaled-down drum set and a baby grand piano. Trey and Mike sat on stools and both played acoustic guitars. This acoustic set-up was used for Sleep, Albuquerque, and Driver. During the Wolfman’s jam, three people in inchworm-like costumes came on stage and danced for the rest of the set. Bowie included a tease of the theme from The Godfather.

1998.12.28 - Madison Square Garden - YouTube

Sunday, 12/28/2003
American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL

Set 1: David Bowie, Sample in a Jar, Tweezer > Bouncing Around the Room, AC/DC Bag, Frankie Says, Llama, Hold Your Head Up > Love You > Hold Your Head Up, Tweezer Reprise

Set 2: Gotta Jibboo, Suzy Greenberg -> Jam > Theme From the Bottom, Water in the Sky, Friday > Harry Hood

Encore: Sleeping Monkey, Loving Cup

Notes: Frankie Says was unfinished and included an extended jam segment. Fishman forgot the words to Love You and scatted one verse, then sang, in near-perfect time: “I can’t remember the words now / I can’t remember the words / And it really doesn’t matter ‘cause I can’t sing either / So who gives a ****, it’s time for the vacuum cleaner.” During the closing HYHU, Fishman introduced the band, and himself as “Henrietta.” Suzy included an extended jam segment after the first chorus. Trey seemed to end the song after the second chorus while the rest of the band continued to play.

2003.12.28 - American Airlines Arena - YouTube

Monday, 12/28/2009
American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL

Set 1: Sample in a Jar, NICU > My Soul, Roggae, Undermind, Bouncing Around the Room, Poor Heart, Stash, I Didn't Know, Beauty of a Broken Heart, Possum

Set 2: Mike's Song > Light -> I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Alaska, Backwards Down the Number Line, Makisupa Policeman > Harry Hood > Contact > Character Zero

Encore: First Tube

Notes: My Soul was played for the first time since October 7, 2000 (110 shows). During I Didn't Know, Trey announced that this would be the final vacuum solo of the decade. Makisupa's key words were "Woke up this morning, did just what I like, spent a whole two minutes listening to nobody but Mike." Mike took a subsequent bass solo during which the band (and shortly thereafter the crowd) chanted "Mike." Makisupa's lyrics were later changed to reference Mike's house. The band then started to repeat "Mike's house."

2009.12.28 - American Airlines Arena - YouTube

Tuesday, 12/28/2010
DCU Center, Worcester, MA

Set 1: Kill Devil Falls, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Alaska, She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride, Wolfman's Brother, Pigtail, Stash, Bouncing Around the Room > Rift, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, The Birdwatcher

Set 2: Carini > Backwards Down the Number Line > Back on the Train -> Limb By Limb > The Wedge > Frankie Says > Albuquerque, Harry Hood > Bug

Encore: Shine a Light

Notes: She Caught the Katy was last performed on July 21, 1998 (323 shows). Trey used a device that played Sarah Palin quotes during Alaska and after the debut of Pigtail. This show also featured the Phish debut of Birdwatcher. Back on the Train featured a Streets of Cairo tease from Trey and Hood contained a Spanish Harlem tease from Page.

2010.12.28 - DCU Center - YouTube

Wednesday, 12/28/2011
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Set 1: Free, Glide > Possum, Cities, The Ballad of Curtis Loew, Stash, Contact > Sample in a Jar, Kill Devil Falls > Bathtub Gin

Set 2: Birds of a Feather, Carini -> Tweezer > My Friend, My Friend -> Rock and Roll -> NICU, Bouncing Around the Room, Harry Hood > Bug

Encore: Tube > Rocky Top > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: This performance featured the first ever Free show opener. Tweezer contained a Streets of Cairo tease. My Friend did not contain the "Myfe" ending. Rock and Roll contained Birds of a Feather teases and Hood contained a brief tease of Free from Trey at the end.

2011.12.28 - Madison Square Garden - YouTube

Last edited by JughedJones; 12-28-2012 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: Thanks to Duanebase from Phantasytour.com for compiling the list.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultimate Penn St. Hater
Go Irish!

Cash: 1,050,012,369.80
Bank: 76,013,334,911.31
Total Bankroll: 77,063,347,281.11
Donate
Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Green Bay Packers Notre Dame

I'll be there tonight (28th). Anyone else going?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
JughedJones
Brewer, Patriot, Domer.

Donate
JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!JughedJones should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Penn St. Hater View Post
I'll be there tonight (28th). Anyone else going?
****in A man.

Wish I was. I've been there for the last two runs. Had to sit this one out.

Have fun brother!

(I'll be watching you on the stream!)
Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ultimate Penn St. Hater
Go Irish!

Donate
Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!Ultimate Penn St. Hater should be giving advice to Kelly!

Family obligations keep me from hitting up shows like I used to. Tonight's my only show of the run.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
JughedJones
Brewer, Patriot, Domer.

Donate

I'm sitting at 95 shows all time.

Can't wait for this next year of tours to start so I can break 100!

Woo Dorks!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ultimate Penn St. Hater
Go Irish!

Donate

Tonight's my 71st show.
100 seemed likely until a few years ago (got married and had a baby). Now I only see 1 show per tour/run.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
JughedJones
Brewer, Patriot, Domer.

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Penn St. Hater View Post
Tonight's my 71st show.
100 seemed likely until a few years ago (got married and had a baby). Now I only see 1 show per tour/run.
A couple festivals and a run or two and you'll get close.

I know how getting older is... But it's no excuse!!!!!

Have fun tonight man. Tube opener, Eminence Front bustout.