Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
peoriairish
Starter

Cash: 2,000,000,532.68
Bank: 4,958,680,811.19
Total Bankroll: 6,958,681,343.87
Donate
peoriairish should be giving advice to Kelly!peoriairish should be giving advice to Kelly!peoriairish should be giving advice to Kelly!peoriairish should be giving advice to Kelly!peoriairish should be giving advice to Kelly!peoriairish should be giving advice to Kelly!peoriairish should be giving advice to Kelly!peoriairish should be giving advice to Kelly!peoriairish should be giving advice to Kelly!peoriairish should be giving advice to Kelly!peoriairish should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Virginia Manchester United USA

The caring side of Brian Kelly

I had been waiting to post this for when there was a little lull in the news coming out regarding ND. This seems like the perfect time. Enjoy.

A few months ago, OMM and I were emailing back and forth so I could post a few of the old pictures he had on IE, when he sent me this. It really shows how great of a person Coach Kelly is and how he embodies what the University stands for. He really does belong at Notre Dame.

Quote:
In July I asked my Mom [96 years old and in a nursing home] if she wanted to write to Brian Kelly. She said yes, that would be a nice little "adventure" and he seemed like a very nice man. So I wrote to him including a small bit of background and how she so loved the time when Lou Holtz insisted on having his picture taken with her [because of her being married at the Old Log Chapel].

Well, Mom is right about our current Coach. He wrote her a personal letter and included a signed photo just to her. [BK sent the letters immediately after he received them from OMM's mother].

What a great guy. Broke me up emotionally. Part of what makes our university so special.
Here is the signed picture and associated letter from Coach Kelly.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
NDLS_USMC
Waterboy

Cash: 3,015.85
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 3,015.85
Donate
NDLS_USMC is just really niceNDLS_USMC is just really niceNDLS_USMC is just really niceNDLS_USMC is just really niceNDLS_USMC is just really niceNDLS_USMC is just really niceNDLS_USMC is just really niceNDLS_USMC is just really niceNDLS_USMC is just really nice

Good to see!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chris P. Bacon
Irish Bacon

Location: FT. Mitchell, KY ----------> (I live here, I'm not from here.)
Cash: 56,554,647.77
Bank: 1,562,710,467.66
Total Bankroll: 1,619,265,115.42
Donate
Chris P. Bacon is a splendid one to beholdChris P. Bacon is a splendid one to beholdChris P. Bacon is a splendid one to beholdChris P. Bacon is a splendid one to beholdChris P. Bacon is a splendid one to beholdChris P. Bacon is a splendid one to beholdChris P. Bacon is a splendid one to beholdChris P. Bacon is a splendid one to beholdChris P. Bacon is a splendid one to beholdChris P. Bacon is a splendid one to beholdChris P. Bacon is a splendid one to behold
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Notre Dame

Bravo BK!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
anarin
They call me Chuck.

Cash: 1.19
Bank: 2,762,134,740,186.41
Total Bankroll: 2,762,134,740,187.60
Donate
anarin should be giving advice to Kelly!anarin should be giving advice to Kelly!anarin should be giving advice to Kelly!anarin should be giving advice to Kelly!anarin should be giving advice to Kelly!anarin should be giving advice to Kelly!anarin should be giving advice to Kelly!anarin should be giving advice to Kelly!anarin should be giving advice to Kelly!anarin should be giving advice to Kelly!anarin should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Atlanta Hawks Chicago Bears

I dont believe it, the bk I know only yells at kids on national tv.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rocky2820
Sophomore

Cash: 74.50
Bank: 0.22
Total Bankroll: 74.72
Donate
Rocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond reputeRocky2820 has a reputation beyond repute
Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh Steelers Notre Dame

What this university is all about. Love it.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
rikkitikki08
Senior

Cash: 6,319,153.63
Bank: 611,412,224.44
Total Bankroll: 617,731,378.07
Donate
rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!rikkitikki08 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Its great to see this
Old 12-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Old Man Mike
Fast as Lightning!

Cash: 51,290,950.81
Bank: 80,897,537,542.79
Total Bankroll: 80,948,828,493.61
Donate
Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!

Peoria's posting is well timed. Mother is in Hospice now and is about to take her 96 1/2 years of Love to God which will be the best Christmas Present He has had in years. I told her today in hospice that God is All-Smiles to welcome her, and Dad is so proud that she went those long years always paying her way, loving everyone, hardly ever complaining. I was able to get a few responses out of her with those remarks and just hearing her eldest son's voice.

My huge weightlifting-coach brother was there from Texas [the former All-Star defensive tackle at ECU] and he only cried six times. Love is stronger than anything, and it is the only thing which cannot be forced, so even God is helpless to command it. But God's lucky this day. Mom is about to bring him a giant bundle of it.

By the way, don't feel at all sorry for me or Mom. I'm completely spiritually OK with this --- it's actually glorious. And Mom's headed for a Great Big Welcoming Party in the Sky.

And She and Dad are going to have the best seats in the house for the Championship Game.

Thank you, Peoria, for "psychic masterful timing". And Bless Coach --- Mother REALLY liked his picture and letter, and had me post it on her nursing home room wall, along with the picture of her and Lou Holtz.