Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
DomeLover3

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate
Assessing Brian Kelly

Alright, I'm pretty bored right now and have some down time so I thought this would be an interesting thread idea.

Before I go into detail about it, if a thread like this currently exists, Mods go ahead and delete this...

So we are now two years into BK's tenure. Do we think he was the right hire? Is he a good fit for Notre Dame? Has he done well so far.

Take the role of Jack Swarbrick and give a coach report card of sorts on Coach Kelly.

Criteria to grade on would be:

On field performance
Recruiting
Maintaining image of the program
(players not getting into trouble)
Keeping school spirit up (almost impossible NOT to at ND. By this I mean are the pep rallies he has good? I haven't been to one yet, sadly.)
Potential to improve.

And whatever else you feel is appropriate.

Do you think BK is the man for the job. Will ND be brought back to prominence by BK? Will the next coach do something with BK's players? Asses his job security.

Go, go, go!

Last edited by DomeLover3; 07-18-2012 at 03:29 PM..

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
NDBoiler
The Rep Machine

Cash: 16,548,024.70
Bank: 12,228,796,629.97
Total Bankroll: 12,245,344,654.67
Donate
NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!
Indianapolis Colts Purdue

Great thread idea!

On field performance: B-
Recruiting: A-
Maintaining image of the program (players not getting into trouble): B+
Keeping school spirit up: B+
Potential to improve: A
Do you think BK is the man for the job. Will ND be brought back to prominence by BK? Will the next coach do something with BK's players? Asses his job security. Yes I think he is the man for the job, I just hope the administartion continues to be patient long enough for things to turn around fully. It is getting there slowly but surely IMO.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
SBjandy7
Walk-On

Cash: 1,396.25
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,396.25
Donate
SBjandy7 has a good aura about themSBjandy7 has a good aura about themSBjandy7 has a good aura about them

I think BK has got the program on the upswing. Recruiting has been as good as I can ever remember. He's getting program defining defensive recruits. The QB quandary is going to be the defining decision thus far. I think he has the program on the way to being competetive year in and year out. I believe he is the coach to bring this program and university back to where it once was, dominant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
DomeLover3

Donate

On field performance: B-
Recruiting: A
Maintaining image of the program: B
Keeping school spirit up: A
Potential to improve: A+

I like what Kelly brings. I think he could be the guy who if nothing else gets the right kind of players in and makes ND competitive. I think he should at least get another 2 years, preferably a lot more.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kingbish01
Sophomore

Cash: 150,067,551.02
Bank: 1,233,870,202.98
Total Bankroll: 1,383,937,754.00
Donate
Kingbish01 is a fountain of informationKingbish01 is a fountain of informationKingbish01 is a fountain of informationKingbish01 is a fountain of informationKingbish01 is a fountain of informationKingbish01 is a fountain of informationKingbish01 is a fountain of informationKingbish01 is a fountain of informationKingbish01 is a fountain of informationKingbish01 is a fountain of informationKingbish01 is a fountain of information
Atlanta Braves Atlanta Hawks Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins Notre Dame

On field performance: C
Recruiting: B
Maintaining image of the program (players not getting into trouble): C+
Keeping school spirit up: A
Potential to improve: B
Do you think BK is the man for the job.--YES Will ND be brought back to prominence by BK? MAYBE --HE WILL NEED HELP FROM THE SEC Will the next coach do something with BK's players? YES, PLAY THEM. Asses his job security.-- B
Old 07-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
GBdomer

Donate

I love what Bk has done so far. Changing the culture, recruiting the front 7. But this is Notre Dame and i am sick of not winning. Wasn't like there wasn't talent on this roster. On Field I would give it a C. I haven't seen the Cinnci stuff like he was doing. I know this stuff takes time. but on field has been a disappointing for me so far. Better days are coming i realize that with changing the culture. I hate the way the Dayne Crist thing was handled and some comments he has made. Do I think he is the right man for the job? Yes no doubt. Was he the right hire? Maybe. I would have still rode my bike to Norman to pick up Bob Stoops and help him back for South Bend though.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
DomeLover3

Donate

Agreed GB on field is disappointing. I think the year after this we will see his Cinci style of play. I thought the Dayne Crist thing was also handled poorly as well as some other things, I like what he's doing on the recruiting trail though. I think he can handle the job, and will make us winners again, maybe not on a NC level. While he can do the job, I wonder what if we got Stoops, or Gruden, or someone else. Future is bright IMO