Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #778 (permalink)
nlroma1o
Junior

Cash: 79,186.93
Bank: 123,805,060,478,607.38
Total Bankroll: 123,805,060,557,794.31
Donate
nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Jets Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLion View Post
Ok so this looks amazing... but have they said if the game is going to be A third person shooter like the first 2 SWBF games or First Person??? I'm going to be pissed if its not third person...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 04-23-2015, 01:07 PM   #779 (permalink)
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 1,000,000,011,694.39
Bank: 18,521,319,139,014,520.00
Total Bankroll: 18,522,319,139,026,216.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlroma1o View Post
Ok so this looks amazing... but have they said if the game is going to be A third person shooter like the first 2 SWBF games or First Person??? I'm going to be pissed if its not third person...
I believe it will be both.

I read an article about a demo that some media members got to watch. It was described as switching back and forth from first person to third person to make different tasks more efficient, and it sounded like the user would be able to control that.

They used first-person for sniping or something of the sort, and then switched to third person during combat with an AT-AT so they could see more of their surroundings.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #780 (permalink)
dublinirish
Everestt Gholstonson

Cash: 14,225,306,807.63
Bank: 1,736,271,923.46
Total Bankroll: 15,961,578,731.09
Donate
dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Green Bay Packers Detroit Red Wings Eastern Michigan

Quote:

I read an article about a demo that some media members got to watch. It was described as switching back and forth from first person to third person to make different tasks more efficient, and it sounded like the user would be able to control that.

They used first-person for sniping or something of the sort, and then switched to third person during combat with an AT-AT so they could see more of their surroundings.
sounds a bit like skyrim's control system
Old 04-23-2015, 01:17 PM   #781 (permalink)
greyhammer90
the drunk piano player

Cash: 1,415,866,314,343,792.75
Bank: 61,564,221,767,649,048.00
Total Bankroll: 62,980,088,081,992,840.00
Donate
greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Atlanta Braves Memphis Grizzlies Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators

Quote:

Not to sound too hipster, but its a real shame this is going to be made by EA. I loved the original Battlefront games, but I have zero doubt this will be a good-looking but mediocre game riddled with DLC and other pay-to-win BS. They've already announced after the pre-rendered trailer all the features this WONT have:

No single-player campaign
No space battles
No galactic conquest mode
Can't control an ATAT
40 player cap
Only 4 planets

All in all, this sounds like a Battlefield clone (which have mediocre for years) with a Star Wars skin thrown on. Very disappointing.

Funnier than you in 2012.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #782 (permalink)
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 1,000,000,011,694.39
Bank: 18,521,319,139,014,520.00
Total Bankroll: 18,522,319,139,026,216.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhammer90 View Post
Not to sound too hipster, but its a real shame this is going to be made by EA. I loved the original Battlefront games, but I have zero doubt this will be a good-looking but mediocre game riddled with DLC and other pay-to-win BS. They've already announced after the pre-rendered trailer all the features this WONT have:

No singleplayer campaign
No space battles
No galatic conquest mode
Can't control an ATAT
40 player cap
Only 4 planets
I don't even think that's a hipster point of view. I think everyone is beginning to get fed up with having to buy passes and DLC that should already be included with the game, considering the price you're paying. I read a really good article about the situation as it applied to the new Mortal Kombat game, I'll have to see if I can find it.

All I can say is that EA better make sure this shit runs smooth from the start... if they're banking on a game with no campaign and no conquest and only has ~8 maps, their online play better be damn near flawless.

I have little faith in EA, but it has to be reallllllly hard to mess up Star Wars.

I don't mind the absence of space battles, as long as atmospheric piloting is engaging.

No ATAT is a travesty though.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:27 PM   #783 (permalink)
greyhammer90
the drunk piano player

Cash: 1,415,866,314,343,792.75
Bank: 61,564,221,767,649,048.00
Total Bankroll: 62,980,088,081,992,840.00
Donate
greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Atlanta Braves Memphis Grizzlies Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators

Quote:
I don't even think that's a hipster point of view. I think everyone is beginning to get fed up with having to buy passes and DLC that should already be included with the game, considering the price you're paying. I read a really good article about the situation as it applied to the new Mortal Kombat game, I'll have to see if I can find it.

All I can say is that EA better make sure this shit runs smooth from the start... if they're banking on a game with no campaign and no conquest and only has ~8 maps, their online play better be damn near flawless.

I have little faith in EA, but it has to be reallllllly hard to mess up Star Wars.

I don't mind the absence of space battles, as long as atmospheric piloting is engaging.

No ATAT is a travesty though.
Its just hilarious to me that we are still moving backwards as an industry when it comes to content. Battlefront 2 had space battles for God's sake. I know exactly why they aren't doing space battles, it's because they have jets (barely) working in Battlefield and don't want to invest any money to develop a space combat system. It's just really sad that I can look at a franchise that I loved, its returning after YEARS, and I have zero excitement because I know for a fact that it's going to be a reskin.

Funnier than you in 2012.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:28 PM   #784 (permalink)
ACamp1900
Ground cntl to Maj. Tom

Cash: 1,110,719,336,555.12
Bank: 4,927,352,194,427.50
Total Bankroll: 6,038,071,530,982.63
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

No space battles? Bah... And who the hell thought it was a good idea to not have any campaigns?? The only thing keeping interested is 'Star Wars'