Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mr. McGibblets
Mr McBowden's Love Child

Cash: 5,180.01
Bank: 45,262,084,754,816.54
Total Bankroll: 45,262,084,759,996.55
Donate
Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia 76ers Washington Redskins Philadelphia Flyers Connecticut Tottenham Hotspur USA

ND Jersey Question

I am going to be buying my first jersey since i had the Larry Johnson Charlotte Hornets jersey back in like '93/94. I am not much of a jersey person.

I want to buy this Samardzija jersey but not sure if I should get a Large or XL. I am 6'1 225-230 LBS depending what i ate the night before and that isnt all muscle.

Football jersey's are notorious for hanging obnoxiously long which i cant stand. So i am basically wondering of the Addidas replica jerseys hang long. Normally i would be an XL but not sure that if I went with a Large (to shorten the length) if it would be too tight. or maybe the Larges are just as long as the XL's....

Any thoughts anyone?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rocket89
Uniform Connoisseur

Cash: 5,299.74
Bank: 5,300,390,321.68
Total Bankroll: 5,300,395,621.42
Donate
Rocket89 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rocket89 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rocket89 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rocket89 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rocket89 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rocket89 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rocket89 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rocket89 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rocket89 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rocket89 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rocket89 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

My experience is that for some reason, the replica jerseys are always longer and just generally bigger.

I have four authentics ('06 Samardzija in blue, '06 Quinn in green, green Montana throwback, and the new 2010 Crist in blue).

All of those are Large and they all fit pretty well on me (I'm an intimidating 5'9" 170 lbs).

My new 2010 jersey is probably slightly longer than the others and slightly bigger too, but it's not too much of a difference. I think it may have to do with the fact that it is a true authentic whereas the others are the premier versions.

I also have two replicas, a '05 Quinn in blue and a '09 Clausen in white. They are both Large and insanely large, probably a good 6 inches longer and the collars are just way too big.

Hope that helps!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mr. McGibblets
Mr McBowden's Love Child

Donate
Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!Mr. McGibblets should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia 76ers Washington Redskins Philadelphia Flyers Connecticut Tottenham Hotspur USA

Didnt want to duplicate a thread so I searched on thread titles including the word 'Jersey' and oddly enough I found one that I had created 2 years ago...

Let's just say my last name is the same as a certain player on the offensive side of the ball, is it a violation to get that name on the back of an ND jersey?

Although some may disagree, I am not a fan of getting people's own last name's on the back of another players Jersey who has a different last name: Ex: last name of O'Neill on the back of a LeSean McCoy jersey.

But if my own last name is the same as a certain ND player's, is there a violation on having it placed on the back of an ND Jersey since they are traditionally nameless? I'm aware that there were years during certain era's where names were allowed on the back and Weis and Kelly allowed names on the back during 2 bowl games.

I guess my question would be: Is it an insult to the tradition?

Last edited by Mr. McGibblets; 11-27-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
connor_in
Oh Yeeaah!!!

Cash: 1,530,327,475.89
Bank: 369,898,742.58
Total Bankroll: 1,900,226,218.47
Donate
connor_in should be giving advice to Kelly!connor_in should be giving advice to Kelly!connor_in should be giving advice to Kelly!connor_in should be giving advice to Kelly!connor_in should be giving advice to Kelly!connor_in should be giving advice to Kelly!connor_in should be giving advice to Kelly!connor_in should be giving advice to Kelly!connor_in should be giving advice to Kelly!connor_in should be giving advice to Kelly!connor_in should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGibblets View Post
Didnt want to duplicate a thread so I searched on thread titles including the word 'Jersey' and oddly enough I found one that I had created 2 years ago...

Let's just say my last name is the same as a certain player on the offensive side of the ball, is it a violation to get that name on the back of an ND jersey?

Although some may disagree, I am not a fan of getting people's own last name's on the back of another players Jersey who has a different last name: Ex: last name of O'Neill on the back of a LeSean McCoy jersey.

But if my own last name is the same as a certain ND player's, is there a violation on having it placed on the back of an ND Jersey since they are traditionally nameless? I'm aware that there were years during certain era's where names were allowed on the back and Weis and Kelly allowed names on the back during 2 bowl games.

I guess my question would be: Is it an insult to the tradition?
Personally, I don't have any problem with it. One, true ND fans know that we don't have names on our jerseys and rarely have. Two, it is even less of an offense to do that for a college team because that person will be gone soon and there will be someone else with that number (plus at ND we have the same number on both sides of the ball sometimes).
Old 11-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veer option
Anti sarcasm font

Cash: 28.25
Bank: 693,636,779,200,825.12
Total Bankroll: 693,636,779,200,853.38
Donate
Veer option should be giving advice to Kelly!Veer option should be giving advice to Kelly!Veer option should be giving advice to Kelly!Veer option should be giving advice to Kelly!Veer option should be giving advice to Kelly!Veer option should be giving advice to Kelly!Veer option should be giving advice to Kelly!Veer option should be giving advice to Kelly!Veer option should be giving advice to Kelly!Veer option should be giving advice to Kelly!Veer option should be giving advice to Kelly!
Florida Marlins Notre Dame USA

I dont think its an insult.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
tko
I am Legend

Cash: 50,000,000,046.62
Bank: 11,150,000,000,322.84
Total Bankroll: 11,200,000,000,369.46
Donate
tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Phillies Notre Dame

If too long just take to your tailor and get hemmed up to fit. My guy, Luigi, could hook you up.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mr. McGibblets
Mr McBowden's Love Child

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tko View Post
If too long just take to your tailor and get hemmed up to fit. My guy, Luigi, could hook you up.
Its frustrating how long they make those things. Why cant they make them just long enough that it would look like a normal shirt.

Do you really get yours hemmed? That is a solid call, if you do.

Also, Does everyone think ND will put their names on the back for Nat. Championship?