Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2017, 03:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
NDdomer2
I'll Allow it

Cash: 7,025.18
Bank: 47,100,339,642,072,624.00
Total Bankroll: 47,100,339,642,079,648.00
Donate
NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Los Angeles Lakers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLax View Post
My wife's grandmother has (now terminal) cancer. Marijuana worked great for her... though she eventually went on prescribed opiates (morphine, etc.) which I honestly don't understand how that's mainstream/accepted and weed isn't. Opiates are basically heroine, and for people who are on a constant regime of them to manage chronic pain it's not good. When she stopped taking them after an extended period of use she went into withdrawls and almost died.

Drugs are a weird thing. I take no medication unless I absolutely have to. I'm talking about minor over-the-counter stuff like Aleve, too. Just don't like putting those kind of substances in my body. When I was prescribed Percocet after my shoulder surgery in college I took one and never another because it made me feel weird AF. Just decided to deal with the pain as is. Like any good lacrosse player, I've smoked my fair share of weed as a social thing. I stopped after my freshman year at ND because someone I knew got in serious trouble and I didn't think it was worth the risk. Since then I've come to the conclusion that it's not any worse than drinking, and I think it should be culturally acceptable... I just (personally) won't partake. I look forward to checking out this Yahoo feature when I have time and seeing what conclusions they come to, thank you for posting.
I have always been very conscious of what I put into my body. When high school coaches were pushing creatine and whey protein, I refused. When I nearly destroyed my ankle in basketball, they wanted me to take pain meds to continue playing, I refused.

I have developed some terrible seasonal allergies (never had a single issue with seasonal allergies until I moved to Indianapolis in 2010) and I absolutely hate the fact that I have to take some stupid pill everyday to not have a faucet of snot roll out all day long.

So, in short, like you I hate taking meds. But as someone who is very detailed in what I take in, I smoke, and I would most likely fall in the chronic user category.

I have only had lapses of not smoking since 16, and smoke daily. Not large amounts, I am an accountant and do value my money :D. I get regular check ups that I pass with flying colors, my lungs have been thouroughly examined (I had some terrible stomach issues my freshman year of college and there was concern fluid was building up in my lungs) and was told my lungs are as healthy as they come.

I can do my job high as a kite better than the smart kids who have never even smelt the stuff.

So like Wooly, it is a "whatever floats your boat" thing. Now I do like some alcohol here and there, but if I were to never have a sip again, NBD. I could go without smoking again too. I regularly have work trips that require me to go weeks at a time without and I have no withdrawal symptoms.

So I knew when I was younger that I may not be your average marijuana smoker, but I also know that many of the stigmas attached to it were clearly wrong.

With all that said I obviously have very pro-cannabis views and am always interested in reading stories about cannabis for medicinal purposes, especially those that compare its use instead of opiates.

I don't know if many of you are familiar with Eugene Monroe, ex Raven OL. But he is very pro marijuana to the point it has cost him the end of his career in the NFL for openly advocating.

He has a very good read:Retired Baltimore Ravens tackle used marijuana to quit football
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 04-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
drayer54
Sophomore

Cash: 2,771.82
Bank: 46,112,888,595,063.45
Total Bankroll: 46,112,888,597,835.27
Donate
drayer54 should be giving advice to Kelly!drayer54 should be giving advice to Kelly!drayer54 should be giving advice to Kelly!drayer54 should be giving advice to Kelly!drayer54 should be giving advice to Kelly!drayer54 should be giving advice to Kelly!drayer54 should be giving advice to Kelly!drayer54 should be giving advice to Kelly!drayer54 should be giving advice to Kelly!drayer54 should be giving advice to Kelly!drayer54 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Texas Rangers Dallas Mavericks Dallas Cowboys Tulsa

If I were a politician, my campaign commercial would be a few married gay people, some churchy guy, and a funny immigrant sitting in a basement illegally gambling while smoking whatever we want with some veterans in the back cleaning guns and we would be talking about how we have jobs and don't need free stuff for the government. Then I would just look at the camera and say "everything you see here!"

So naturally, I vote yes!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-18-2017, 03:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
fightingirish26
Sophomore

Cash: 50,000,056,154.58
Bank: 1,540,793,882.80
Total Bankroll: 51,540,850,037.38
Donate
fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame Manchester City USA

Should have put this thread on the shelf till thursday haha
Old 04-18-2017, 03:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
NDdomer2
I'll Allow it

Donate
NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!

also, as I see these, I will add to the OP, however, I dont plan to link to all of them. If you open one, there are quite a few videos and other articles in the same "Weed and the American Family" section off to the right.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
woolybug25
#1 Vineyard Vines Fan

Cash: 1,031,666,684,556.76
Bank: 52,749,427,546,262,320.00
Total Bankroll: 52,750,459,212,946,896.00
Donate
woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish26 View Post
Old 04-18-2017, 04:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
wizards8507
Varsity Club Member

Cash: 2,434,260,121.86
Bank: 1,939,190,231,040.65
Total Bankroll: 1,941,624,491,162.50
Donate
wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Boston Bruins Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshans View Post
You eat Doritos???

Man, you gotta stop getting high.

Doritos are bad for your health!

Too much tequila and you might find yourself "snoozing" in an urban renewal wasteland near the St. Joseph river, at 2 AM in February, with snow burying you and two dogs you were taking for a "quick" walk licking your face trying to revive you ...
No doubt. One time I got wicked hammered on box sangria and scarfed down an Angus burger and large order of fries at the McDonald's on Michigan Street, not far from where you took your nap. My vomit was the most violent color purple you can imagine. That parking lot looked like it had a huge blood stain for about a year.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
NDdomer2
I'll Allow it

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish26 View Post
you dont enjoy a good build up of temptation?