Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/)
-   The Leprechaun Lounge (http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/leprechaun-lounge/)
-   -   Outdoor Sports (http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/leprechaun-lounge/158739-outdoor-sports.html)

ShakeDown 07-08-2013 08:07 PM

Outdoor Sports

Hey all, came across this deal and thought it might be interesting to get an offseason thread going re: anything outdoors. Feel free to post whatever, stories, pictures, sales, etc. I'll get the ball rolling...

Just bought my first Shimano Terez rod, a 7' medium rated at 20-50#. My God it is insane the backbone this rod has while retaining serious sensitivity. The deal is still up on Tackle Direct, the link is below.

Emerald Green Terez Waxwing Rod

The rods are on mega-sale, (about $100 off) and are well worth it if you are addicted to the saltwater like me. I got my local tackle shop to price match and chose out a smaller one than the one I linked, and in a different color. Have mine paired with a Cabo 50 PTsd.

Anyhow, feel free to post hunting/camping/fishing/hiking etc info and/or awesome stories. Any IE denizens live the Saltlife down here in FL? Let's fish.

peoriairish 07-08-2013 08:44 PM

Great idea!

I checked out that site in need of a new reel but I need it this weekend. I'm more or a weekend bass, crappie and the occasional catfish warrior. Nothing crazy. As I get older, I hope to have more time and get on the water more.

I'd love to get down and do some saltwater fishing. I've never done it but it really seems like a blast.

Also would like to head out west to get into some trout and learn fly fishing. I love being outdoors.

Oh... and.... 84 days until opening archery season in IL!!!!

arrowryan 07-08-2013 08:46 PM

The second best part about football season is that hunting season is right around the corner. Archery season starts October 1st in Indiana and I think gun season starts the second week of November

ShakeDown 07-08-2013 08:56 PM

Miss hunting and really need to get back into it. I've never hunted bow, but I know I will eventually... Same with fly fishing. Those two sports are really their own sub-cultures and deserve tons of time.

I started hunting with a rifle back in NM at 9, first Mulie that year. First elk at 11. Soon I switched to muzzleloader which I hunted for the rest of my high school career till moving up north for undergrad.

Saltwater fishing is awesome. So many species, and the big boys (Tarpon, shark etc) can be caught inshore and can top out 150+ lbs.

Peoria we talked a bit before, but do you fish spinning reels or baitcasters?

cody1smith 07-08-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peoriairish (Post 1052847)
Great idea!

I checked out that site in need of a new reel but I need it this weekend. I'm more or a weekend bass, crappie and the occasional catfish warrior. Nothing crazy. As I get older, I hope to have more time and get on the water more.

I'd love to get down and do some saltwater fishing. I've never done it but it really seems like a blast.

Also would like to head out west to get into some trout and learn fly fishing. I love being outdoors.

Oh... and.... 84 days until opening archery season in IL!!!!

Make it up to ark twain much?

peoriairish 07-08-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShakeDown (Post 1052870)
Peoria we talked a bit before, but do you fish spinning reels or baitcasters?

Spinners. More diverse that way. I don't have the fund for multiple rods right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody1smith (Post 1052876)
Make it up to ark twain much?

Not yet. I've been out to Busch Conservation a few times. I'm looking for some MO property to hunt this fall. Is it good up there?

ShakeDown 07-08-2013 09:09 PM

Check out this hog a buddy of mine caught recently.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/...psc6982c9a.jpg