Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #57 (permalink)
ShakeDown
MexiCAN

Cash: 50,071.33
Bank: 37,821,572,372,087,752.00
Total Bankroll: 37,821,572,372,137,824.00
Donate
ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueNDgold44 View Post
On vacation in Minnesota right now, caught a couple nice walleye and bass throwing a crank bait and had a monster like but couldn't land it on the boat. Little 9 year old brother caught an absolute hog throwing a buzz bait off the pier. The fishing here blows anything in the Chicagoland area away. Also went wakeboarding today for the 1st time, that thing beats you up. My legs are jello right now haha
Awesome. Pike and Muskie up North are on my list.

Wakeboarding is a blast, once you get the hang of it. Definitely helps to have a good driver, otherwise your starts are going to be rough at first.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #58 (permalink)
Irishnuke
Least funny poster 2014

Cash: 8,307,692,309,770.66
Bank: 83,500,656,228,016.19
Total Bankroll: 91,808,348,537,786.84
Donate
Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Indianapolis Colts Chicago Blackhawks Valparaiso

Kayak fishing is huge down here in SoCal. I need to get into it. I do a lot of surf fishing and fish off of the jetties quite a bit. Also hop on the Sportfishing boats as much as possible as well. I need to get a photobucket so I can put my fishing pics on here.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #59 (permalink)
ShakeDown
MexiCAN

Cash: 50,071.33
Bank: 37,821,572,372,087,752.00
Total Bankroll: 37,821,572,372,137,824.00
Donate
ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnuke View Post
Kayak fishing is huge down here in SoCal. I need to get into it. I do a lot of surf fishing and fish off of the jetties quite a bit. Also hop on the Sportfishing boats as much as possible as well. I need to get a photobucket so I can put my fishing pics on here.
Please do man, I love pic swapping. Dude you need to get in that kayak billfish club. That ish is crazy awesome.

What's your surf rod/reel of choice? I almost took a job in the San Diego area earlier this year and was researching what the fishing was like. I'm curious about a local pov, what are some of the more game species?
Old 07-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #60 (permalink)
Irishnuke
Least funny poster 2014

Donate
Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeDown View Post
Please do man, I love pic swapping. Dude you need to get in that kayak billfish club. That ish is crazy awesome.

What's your surf rod/reel of choice? I almost took a job in the San Diego area earlier this year and was researching what the fishing was like. I'm curious about a local pov, what are some of the more game species?
I'd say fishing is better in FL. At least more diverse and more options anyways. Out here the big game is yellowtail and white sea bass. In the summer we get dorado and yellowtail off of kelp paddies. Some years we get a good tuna (yellowfin, bluefin, and albacore) run. Tuna usually don't get closer than 40 miles but sometimes, especially in El Niño years we get them very close. In the winter there aren't many options. I'm headed out on a 2.5 day trip out of San Diego next month. We'll probably go about 150 miles or so south/southwest of SD in search of tuna, yellowtail, and dorado. I'm jealous of the redfish, snook, tarpon, grouper and just about everything else you guys have out there.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #61 (permalink)
Irishnuke
Least funny poster 2014

Donate

Humboldt Squid caught at 1200' deep.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #62 (permalink)
no.1IrishFan
Team MVP

Cash: 4,999,894,877.32
Bank: 63,366.03
Total Bankroll: 4,999,958,243.35
Donate
no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!no.1IrishFan should be giving advice to Kelly!
Arizona Diamondbacks Miami Dolphins Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by peoriairish View Post
Yeah, he'a talkin whitetail. 150 is big, but not monster up here in the MO, IL, IA area. Our does are bigger than Florida bucks
Sad but true. After hunting in northern Indiana and throughout the midwest for most of my childhood/early adulthood then moving to Florida when I was 18, it's not even close. Not only are the sizes of the deer much different but the behavior is much different as well. It was almost like I had to re-learn how to hunt deer once my family moved to Florida.

So much is different when hunting deer in different geographic locations that for the first two years in Florida I might as well have made a big sign that said "hey deer, I'm here to kill you".
Once I figured out their behavior patterns down south and adjusted to the time difference in the rut, I became a much better hunter in the south.

To be honest, the majority of the pics I've seen of really big bucks coming from the deep south have been from deer harvested on private hunting farms.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #63 (permalink)
FLDomer
Polish Hammer

Cash: 486,863.55
Bank: 3,275,834,465,432.78
Total Bankroll: 3,275,834,952,296.32
Donate
FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by peoriairish View Post
Great idea!

I checked out that site in need of a new reel but I need it this weekend. I'm more or a weekend bass, crappie and the occasional catfish warrior. Nothing crazy. As I get older, I hope to have more time and get on the water more.

I'd love to get down and do some saltwater fishing. I've never done it but it really seems like a blast.

Also would like to head out west to get into some trout and learn fly fishing. I love being outdoors.

Oh... and.... 84 days until opening archery season in IL!!!!
Everyday is hog season in FL, but I cant wait to get up to the farm and do a lil bow hunting this fall.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!