Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #2059 (permalink)
Rhode Irish
Semi-retired

Cash: 70,000,002,602.23
Bank: 1,115,012,564,194,961.25
Total Bankroll: 1,115,082,564,197,563.50
Donate
Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLDomer View Post
I have read and heard around here the police did do a thorough investigation from the start and saw no reason to arrest GZ on the info/evidence they found (prime example of little arrest worthy evidence is the prosecutions amazingly weak case at the trial). It was not till pressure from the bigger whigs (Corey appeasing the mob (know you love that word) ...) that the arrest happened.
Clearly you think so, but not everyone agrees. I'm not sure what I said that you're taking exception to. It seems like disagreeing with me is a perfunctory response for you, but I'm just explaining why this case caught people's attention. As someone pointed out previously, there are many killings every day. What made this one a scandal is that the police knew who the shooter was and accepted his self defense story at face value. I would counter your contention that the weak prosecution was evidence that the police were right not to investigate with the contention that had the police done their jobs from the outset the state would have had a better chance to win in court. All the delay clearly helped the defendant get his ducks in a row with respect to concocting a defense strategy and coach his friends about what he needed them to say in their testimony. Further, the prosecution erred by introducing all of Zimmerman's public statements in the aftermath of the incident into evidence (in order to highlight inconsistencies), but that strategy backfired because it allowed the defense to get his version of events into evidence without him taking the stand. Had he been arrested the night of the incident as he should have been, that would not have happened.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #2060 (permalink)
GoIrish41
Paterfamilius

Cash: 71,117.14
Bank: 179,348,988,140,727.50
Total Bankroll: 179,348,988,211,844.66
Donate
GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Golden State Warriors Philadelphia Eagles Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLDomer View Post
I have read and heard around here the police did do a thorough investigation from the start and saw no reason to arrest GZ on the info/evidence they found (prime example of little arrest worthy evidence is the prosecutions amazingly weak case at the trial). It was not till pressure from the bigger whigs (Corey appeasing the mob (know you love that word) ...) that the arrest happened.
The suggestion that RI made is about the outrage, and it was suggested that that was somehow a fringe position. The fact that their was a "mob," which you are right, I don't care for much, tells me that RI was spot on in his comments. How thorough an investigation could have happened the night of the shooting? Seems the investigation was listening to Zimmerman's story and making the determination that it sounded reasonable enough, and letting him go home. That, IMHO, is cause enough for outrage. That it went on for 44 more days without an arrest certainly fanned those flames of outrage until the entire country formed an opinion. I would guess that the country is fairly evenly split on who is at fault in this case. It would have never gotten to that point if the police didn't seem to be mailing it in from the beginning. The investigation continued and more evidence was gathered. Your opinion is that the prosecution didn't have anything to work with and that is why they lost the case. I would argue that there was plenty there to work with, and that they just weren't very good lawyers and THAT is why they lost the case.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #2061 (permalink)
FLDomer
Polish Hammer

Cash: 490,331.73
Bank: 24,206,906,672,915.47
Total Bankroll: 24,206,907,163,247.20
Donate
FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!FLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Irish View Post
Clearly you think so, but not everyone agrees. I'm not sure what I said that you're taking exception to. It seems like disagreeing with me is a perfunctory response for you, but I'm just explaining why this case caught people's attention. As someone pointed out previously, there are many killings every day. What made this one a scandal is that the police knew who the shooter was and accepted his self defense story at face value. I would counter your contention that the weak prosecution was evidence that the police were right not to investigate with the contention that had the police done their jobs from the outset the state would have had a better chance to win in court. All the delay clearly helped the defendant get his ducks in a row with respect to concocting a defense strategy and coach his friends about what he needed them to say in their testimony. Further, the prosecution erred by introducing all of Zimmerman's public statements in the aftermath of the incident into evidence (in order to highlight inconsistencies), but that strategy backfired because it allowed the defense to get his version of events into evidence without him taking the stand. Had he been arrested the night of the incident as he should have been, that would not have happened.
Wow, bro check who I quoted!!! I have said **** to you, it was to the calmer GoIrish so no, "perfunctory response" here. Chill bro. I going back to not posting in this thread...jeeeeezzz

Last edited by FLDomer; 07-18-2013 at 08:50 AM..
Old 07-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #2062 (permalink)
Rhode Irish
Semi-retired

Cash: 70,000,002,602.23
Bank: 1,115,012,564,194,961.25
Total Bankroll: 1,115,082,564,197,563.50
Donate
Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Rhode Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Notre Dame

Ha my bad dude. Thought I was quoting T Town Tommy. Haha. My apologies.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #2063 (permalink)
kmoose
Banned

Cash: 50,000,000,130,571.98
Bank: 14,121,069,561,048,410.00
Total Bankroll: 14,171,069,561,178,982.00
Donate
kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Steelers Notre Dame USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkt77242 View Post
First he was an innocent guy. 2nd the initial aggressor was GZ following him. Is it possible that TM started the actual physical fight? Yes it is, but the GZ stalking him is what starts the whole **** storm.

Also according to you, the person being stalked is at fault for the situation not the stalker?
Lets change the story a little. A teenage girl is walking home and a guy starts following her. She tries to get away but he keeps following her, so she turns around and uses a stun gun on him? Who is at fault? The girl being followed or the guy following her?
Thanks for not answering my question. Is that because you can't think of a reason why someone who is completely innocent wouldn't just go inside and remove themselves from the situation?

I'm saying that the person who started the physical confrontation is mostly responsible for Trayvon being dead. Going by your example, you are assuming that Trayvon tried to get away from Zimmerman. Is it your contention that Trayvon, who is 5'11", ~160 lbs., somewhat athletic looking, and 17 years old, couldn't outrun a nearly 30 year old Zimmerman, who is 5' 7" and ~185? If he was looking to get away from Zimmerman, then, again, why didn't he just go inside?
Old 07-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #2064 (permalink)
GoIrish41
Paterfamilius

Cash: 71,117.14
Bank: 179,348,988,140,727.50
Total Bankroll: 179,348,988,211,844.66
Donate
GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!GoIrish41 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Golden State Warriors Philadelphia Eagles Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
Thanks for not answering my question. Is that because you can't think of a reason why someone who is completely innocent wouldn't just go inside and remove themselves from the situation?

I'm saying that the person who started the physical confrontation is mostly responsible for Trayvon being dead. Going by your example, you are assuming that Trayvon tried to get away from Zimmerman. Is it your contention that Trayvon, who is 5'11", ~160 lbs., somewhat athletic looking, and 17 years old, couldn't outrun a nearly 30 year old Zimmerman, who is 5' 7" and ~185? If he was looking to get away from Zimmerman, then, again, why didn't he just go inside?
If a creep was following me around, I wouldn't lead him to my doorstep where the only other person home was a 12-year-old boy.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #2065 (permalink)
kmoose
Banned

Cash: 50,000,000,130,571.98
Bank: 14,121,069,561,048,410.00
Total Bankroll: 14,171,069,561,178,982.00
Donate
kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!kmoose should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Steelers Notre Dame USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoIrish41 View Post
If a creep was following me around, I wouldn't lead him to my doorstep where the only other person home was a 12-year-old boy.
And yet, Trayvon did. He was already standing in front of his father's fiancée's place, when the initial confrontation supposedly took place. Why didn't he call 911, instead of his girlfriend, when he thought someone was following him?
Closed Thread