PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question-What's "*" Mean?

irishfan
08-11-2011, 03:58 PM
My uncle (he's not too tech-savvy, so he asked for my help) got two tickets in the mail recently, and one of the tickets had a * next to one of the seat numbers. For example, one of them said Row 10, Seat 1 and the other said Row 10, Seat 2*. There is nothing on the front or the back of the ticket explaining what the asterisk means, and I have not been able to find anything online. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks in advance!

johnnykillz
08-11-2011, 04:21 PM
It probably means no fat people allowed, unless they also bought seat 3!

lol.

;)

Irishnuke
08-11-2011, 04:31 PM
as·ter·isk (st-rsk)
n.
A star-shaped figure (*) used chiefly to indicate an omission, a reference to a footnote, or an unattested word, sound, or affix.
tr.v. as·ter·isked, as·ter·isk·ing, as·ter·isks
To mark with an asterisk

BGIF
08-11-2011, 04:46 PM
My uncle (he's not too tech-savvy, so he asked for my help) got two tickets in the mail recently, and one of the tickets had a * next to one of the seat numbers. For example, one of them said Row 10, Seat 1 and the other said Row 10, Seat 2*. There is nothing on the front or the back of the ticket explaining what the asterisk means, and I have not been able to find anything online. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks in advance!

Ticket with asterisks are strategically located throughout the stadium.

Those holding asterisked tickets are required to yell, "DOWN IN FRONT!"

NankerPhelge
08-11-2011, 04:58 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it means that the seat is not in the Stadium, but is in the Joyce Center to watch the live broadcast on the big screen. Row 10, Seat 2 at the Joyce.

micks60
08-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I have had one with an asterisk before. I have no idea what it meant, it may have been a game where I sat in view of the flag pole but that was no issue at all

loomis41973
08-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Aisle seat

irishfan
08-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Aisle seat

Thanks!

HereComeTheIrish
08-11-2011, 07:43 PM
It means you're a candidate for a full and thorough body cavity search upon entering the stadium. Not to worry, it's over in 45 minutes and they give you a cigarette following the shake down. Enjoy.

ccirish06
10-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Why would seat two have an * if it were the aisle seat? Seat 1 should have the *. Perhaps they are the seats in the south end zone that are on the field?

NDdomer2
10-07-2011, 06:21 AM
It means you're a candidate for a full and thorough body cavity search upon entering the stadium. Not to worry, it's over in 45 minutes and they give you a cigarette following the shake down. Enjoy.

This.

micks60
10-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Why would seat two have an * if it were the aisle seat? Seat 1 should have the *. Perhaps they are the seats in the south end zone that are on the field?

I went to the MSU game and seat one and two in an aisle and they were dead center in the middle where two sections met. Seat number does not mean anything. Go by the star.