Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2016, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
NDCrusader
Legend

Cash: 1,011,675,985.05
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,011,675,985.05
Donate
NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!

'18 PA ILB Matthew "Bo" Bauer (Notre Dame Verbal)

Inside Linebacker
Erie, PA
Cathedral Prep HS

Measurements:
6-3

Rankings:

247 Comp ..... ..... #4 ILB ....... #139 OA .......... .9394 rating

247 ................ ..... #3 ILB ....... #137 OA .......... 92 rating
Rivals.............. ..... #5 ILB ....... #103 OA .......... 5.9 rating
Scout.............. ..... #15 OLB .... #171 OA
ESPN............... ..... #6 ILB ....... #197 OA ..........

Offers:
Notre Dame ..................... Committed - 8-3-16
Iowa St
Maryland
Mich St
Penn St
Pitt
Syracuse
Vandy
Virginia
WVU
Akron

Media Links:

Twitter - BoBauer27

]Matthew Bauer - Hudl

Cathedral Prep (Erie, PA) Football |MaxPreps

Highlights:

Last edited by NDCrusader; 04-14-2017 at 01:51 PM..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 04-12-2016, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
NDCrusader
Legend

Donate
NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!

Camping at ND this summer. Plays on a Maxpreps Top 10 school in PA. In 11games he had 104 tackles, 11 TFL and 3.5 Sacks.

Watching his film is a lot like watching Pete Werner's. He just got on the radar earlier.

Sounds like he grew up a PSU fan. Also appears to be a good baseball player, plays national travel ball.

Here's a freebie from Scout:

2018 LB Matthew Bauer was offered by Penn State; Michigan, Notre Dame on radar - Football Recruiting - Scout

Quote:
2018 LB Matthew Bauer was offered by Penn State; Michigan, Notre Dame on radar

03/25/2016
Erie (Pa.) Cathedral Prep 2018 linebacker Matthew Bauer already holds a Penn State offer, and more are sure to follow.

Matthew Bauer landed a Virginia offer during his freshman season, but the Erie (Pa.) Cathedral Prep standout did not hear from many other schools ...until Thursday.
Then, the 2018 linebacker got back in touch with Penn State and picked up an offer that eased his mind, could change his recruitment, and brought a huge smile to his face.
"When I was younger, I was the biggest Penn State fan," Bauer said. "I was all into it. I got to go to a few games. I really liked them. It's nice (to get the offer) because it's a big one, and it takes the pressure off. It's big to me, but I try to keep my head down and keep working."
Bauer is set to camp at Michigan and Notre Dame this summer, but Penn State received its first glimpse of Bauer last summer when he performed well at its camp last summer.
"They said they liked me," Bauer said. "I came back a month later and visited, and then I went to the San Diego State game, and then they told me to call them but we weren't in contact for a while. Then, they contacted my coach and they wanted me to call them, and then they said they wanted to offer me.
"I was kind of surprised, really."
Bauer likes Penn State a lot, but he will make other visits. However, because he plays baseball, getting to schools in the spring is difficult so he is looking at the late spring camp circuit in making his mark.
"I'm going to the Michigan and Notre Dame camps, for sure, right now," Bauer said. "Those are two I am definitely looking at. Michigan State is interested, so that might be a possibility as well."
Although Bauer has not had much contact with Michigan and Notre Dame, he is interested in both schools because of the combination of football and academics.
"I'm interested in a business degree, and (Michigan is) pretty high in business degrees,he said. "They're ranked pretty high, and same with Notre Dame. It's an academically prestigious school, and that's something that I'd like to have as well."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-13-2016, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
GowerND11
Senior

Cash: 1,276,243.12
Bank: 976,030,495,346.37
Total Bankroll: 976,031,771,589.49
Donate
GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Seattle Mariners Chicago Bulls San Francisco 49ers Notre Dame Arsenal

Cathedral is one of the best in the state. Great team, usually not a ton of D-1 talent though on a national level. Love that ND is recruiting PA hard recently.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
NDCrusader
Legend

Donate

Old 05-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
NDCrusader
Legend

Donate

Coming for Irish Invasion.

PSU And ND In Great Shape For 4-star LB Bo Bauer - TU

Quote:
The 247Sports, 92 overall 4-star is also being recruited by West Virginia, UCLA, Notre Dame, Michigan and Stanford, so more offers could be on their way for the 6-foot-3, 202-pounder.

“Notre Dame, that’s one of my tops,” Bauer said. “I’m pretty interested in them and Stanford, but there hasn’t been a whole lot of communication with Stanford yet.”

Should the Irish offer, they “would be at the top of the board” with Penn State, Bauer said.

Bauer separated his shoulder in the first game of his sophomore season, but finished strong by logging 111 tackles in nine games. His recovery, performance and the highlights he produced has many of the nation’s heavyweights making him a priority for their 2018 recruiting classes.

“They like how I’m kind of long and lanky,” Bauer said. “They like my lateral movement and how I’m fast, but I can still come downhill. I can run down running backs from behind, I can still drop back into pass coverage, fip my hips and things like that, and sack the quarterback.”

While Bauer still has close to two years to figure things out and make a decision, he has three main factors he’ll be looking for in a school.

“I want to play big-time football,” Bauer said. “I’d like to get a good education, so somewhere with a prestigious school there for that. I play baseball too, so somewhere that would let me play both sports so that’s probably the big three.”

“I’m going to Notre Dame this summer on June 18,” Bauer said. “I’m going to Michigan on June 20 and I’m going to Stanford in late July or early August.”
Old 06-15-2016, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
NDCrusader
Legend

Donate

Old news but Loy confirming it this morning.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
PANDFAN
Look Down

Cash: 11,103,762,028.70
Bank: 26,713,596,743.44
Total Bankroll: 37,817,358,772.13
Donate
PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia 76ers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

PREDICTION: Notre Dame. The Irish haven’t offered yet but they will and he will commit. How’s that for direct and blunt?--mike farrell