Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2015, 01:14 PM   #85 (permalink)
Irish_I_HadHair
Walk-On

Cash: 1,279.96
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,279.96
Donate
Irish_I_HadHair has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_I_HadHair has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_I_HadHair has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_I_HadHair has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_I_HadHair has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_I_HadHair has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_I_HadHair has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_I_HadHair has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_I_HadHair has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_I_HadHair has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_I_HadHair has a reputation beyond repute

His tape looks like a poor man's Tony Romo HS version.

Not a dynamic athlete, but some slick tricks to his game in the pocket. Decent enough arm to compete in college.

I like the Kevin Hogan comparison, too, as far as Sanford QB's go.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 08-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #86 (permalink)
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 41,948,708,484,973,488.00
Bank: 134,586,833,832,412,976.00
Total Bankroll: 176,535,542,317,386,464.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckylucci View Post
I understand the context that it was meant as a positive, I just don't think and never will that if Leach wants him thats a reason to be positive. Maybe the fact that he's very good in the quick passing game, maybe because he's very accurate on tape, but Leach wants him so I do too? Not sure I'll ever get that one. Again, Leach isn't a good coach nor has he shown himself to be one recently. Lastly, Leachs system is completely different from that you, I, and I believe OMM want to run. Therefore why would we want his QB?
Because it's a more complex system that puts way more stress on the QB. If Mike Leach thinks the kid can one day run the show in his offense, I have no doubt that BK could teach the kid how to run the basic ND playbook, which is capable of protecting a signal caller pretty well as it is.

This is not something that has come up before, as ND has never really shared the same recruiting plane with Wazzu. But, with Sanford's background recruiting against the Pac12, it's now applicable, and I think there are positive merits to be taken from grabbing a guy that Mike Leach wanted.

It would kind of be like going after a 3-star defensive player that Alabama wants. The defensive systems aren't the same, but if Saban wants him, you better believe that's a reason to be positive if ND jumps into the mix.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-05-2015, 01:31 PM   #87 (permalink)
pkt77242
IPA Man

Cash: 667,700,086,754.67
Bank: 1,383,951,127,612,701.00
Total Bankroll: 1,384,618,827,699,455.75
Donate
pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!pkt77242 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Minnesota Twins Minnesota Vikings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
Michigan State has had 2 first round picks since 2003, and that was Dennard at #24 overall last year and Waynes at #11 this year - both CBs. They have had 6 total 1st or 2nd rounders in that timeframe. ND has had 17.

Notre Dame has turned way more 3 star and low 4 star guys into first and second round picks than MSU. You want to argue on the field success in college - fine. But in terms of developing talent NFL wants, ND has outranked MSU there. Martin, Niklas, Eifert, Smith all first or second round picks that were a 3 star or low 4 star by most or all ranking services.
To be fair I looked from 2012 on (because I am lazy). Yes Dennard and Waynes were their only two 1st round but the were really lowly rated (TW was 1148 overall in 247 comp and DD was 1596) coming out of HS. The only comparable first round pick we have had during that time was Tyler Eifert though he wasn't anywhere that low coming in at 573 in the national composite. Martin, Niklas, Smith, were all much more highly rated (I believe that all were in the top 250). If you want to talk about 2nd round picks like Niklas then lets add Le'Veon Bell who was 1816 in the national composite and Jerel Worthy at 1288.

There is no doubt that ND gets more players drafter in the 1st and 2nd round then MSU. I think that if you look at the recent years it definitely tilts to MSU doing a better job of taking low rated 3* and turning them into 1st or 2nd round picks.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:35 PM   #88 (permalink)
Luckylucci
Community Moderator

Cash: 201,570,019.13
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 201,570,019.13
Donate
Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLion View Post
Because it's a more complex system that puts way more stress on the QB. If Mike Leach thinks the kid can one day run the show in his offense, I have no doubt that BK could teach the kid how to run the basic ND playbook, which is capable of protecting a signal caller pretty well as it is.

This is not something that has come up before, as ND has never really shared the same recruiting plane with Wazzu. But, with Sanford's background recruiting against the Pac12, it's now applicable, and I think there are positive merits to be taken from grabbing a guy that Mike Leach wanted.

It would kind of be like going after a 3-star defensive player that Alabama wants. The defensive systems aren't the same, but if Saban wants him, you better believe that's a reason to be positive if ND jumps into the mix.
I'll end saying, I vehemently disagree with this and its not even close in my book. Bama put together NC winning teams with 3 star DL. While Leach has won 12 games in 3 seasons while scoring a bazillion points. Them scoring a bazillion points and losing doesn't do anything for me. They are still losing and he's still not a good coach.

Side note: An Oregon State fan this morning, literally made joke of "well if Mike Leach wants him, then I'm sure ND does." He was being facetious.

My main point is, there are legitimate reasons to like this kid. I don't view Mike Leach's endorsement as one. Far from it. This will be my last post on the topic as we should get back to Ian.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:39 PM   #89 (permalink)
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 41,948,708,484,973,488.00
Bank: 134,586,833,832,412,976.00
Total Bankroll: 176,535,542,317,386,464.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

Quote:
I'll end saying, I vehemently disagree with this and its not even close in my book. Bama put together NC winning teams with 3 star DL. While Leach has won 12 games in 3 seasons while scoring a bazillion points. Them scoring a bazillion points and losing doesn't do anything for me. They are still losing and he's still not a good coach.

Side note: An Oregon State fan this morning, literally made joke of "well if Mike Leach wants him, then I'm sure ND does." He was being facetious.

My main point is, there are legitimate reasons to like this kid. I don't view Mike Leach's endorsement as one. Far from it. This will be my last post on the topic as we should get back to Ian.
Your answer is right there though. They're scoring "a bazillion points" because he knows how to spot his QB's.

The rest of his coaching? Nah. But the man knows his QB play. And I would say this has everything to do with Ian, so I don't think it's off topic.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:40 PM   #90 (permalink)
woolybug25
#1 Vineyard Vines Fan

Cash: 1,031,666,742,390.69
Bank: 1,357,206,465,386,577,152.00
Total Bankroll: 1,357,207,497,053,319,424.00
Donate
woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:

Why does it matter if it translates into wins? Defense wins games. Special teams win games. Just because he sucks at those things doesn't mean that he doesn't have mad genius level offensive prowess. If we are talking specifically about QB's, then why does his team's success matter? All I care about is how his QB's perform, which has always been excellent.

In that same argument, a VT offer for a corner/safety shouldn't matter. But it does...
Old 08-05-2015, 02:16 PM   #91 (permalink)
pumpdog20
Junior

Cash: 5,975.79
Bank: 31,418,978,296,137.03
Total Bankroll: 31,418,978,302,112.81
Donate
pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!pumpdog20 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Iowa

Tommy Rees had a higher winning percentage as a starter than Golson did, so hardly a bad comparison.