Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 11:51 PM   #127 (permalink)
Crazy Balki
Site Assigned Optimist

Cash: 199,760.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 199,760.08
Donate
Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!

From what I've seen, he is developed from a running back standpoint, but still very raw in terms of his physique. He has a good frame to build on, and has at least decent power, though he needs to work on his balance. Doesn't necessarily go down easy but he usually loses his balance after getting hit low. He showed quite a good bit as a Sophomore at 175-185, so I think he'll be able to do a lot more when his frame is more filled out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-01-2014, 12:15 AM   #128 (permalink)
Booslum31
Team MVP

Cash: 266.32
Bank: 6,077,152,558,655.34
Total Bankroll: 6,077,152,558,921.66
Donate
Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Send a message via AIM to Booslum31
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Browns Chicago Blackhawks Notre Dame

If his knee is solid I think he is going to be fine. He has good instincts and i like his burst.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:57 AM   #129 (permalink)
IrishLax
Playing with fire...

Cash: 89,371.20
Bank: 1,688,850,232,952,041,984.00
Total Bankroll: 1,688,850,232,952,131,328.00
Donate
IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!
Washington Nationals Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

Finally got around to watching his film in earnest. Has truly great burst for his size. Was not expecting that, there may be a lot of WRs his size with similar burst but I guess you don't see them carrying the ball out of the backfield.

Very similar to Ty Isaac, IMO. Not sure which is better. Isaac had a better frame but all kinds of other issues. If Josh comes back 100% he could be a steal. And if he can't develop as a RB he is one heck of an OLB or S prospect... doesn't have blazing top end speed but covers ground really quickly. If he was running a 40, he'd cover yards 5 to 20 really fast.

What's going to differentiate him between being a bust and being an All-American is how much he can bulk up. His gaunt features make that questionable, and he clearly needs to get up to around 230. He doesn't run with great balance or power right now. He's not a violent runner who loves contact and breaks tackles. He needs to become that kind of guy, but he's not just going to elude defenders in college. But I see why we'd want him because even if he doesn't pan out at RB he has great versatility to make an impact elsewhere.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #130 (permalink)
T Town Tommy
Alabama Bag Man

Cash: 19,904.86
Bank: 83,538,004,633.57
Total Bankroll: 83,538,024,538.43
Donate
T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds New Orleans Saints Alabama

Congrats Irish nation.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #131 (permalink)
AdmiralBackhand
John 3:16

Cash: 379,141.14
Bank: 5,442,145,185,540,220.00
Total Bankroll: 5,442,145,185,919,361.00
Donate
AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!AdmiralBackhand should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Netherlands

Let's keep it rolling. Welcome, Josh!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #132 (permalink)
Bogtrotter07

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate

"IE Gaunt Player of the Year" shoe-in! What is wrong here?

This kid is 208-210 verified. He is 6'2" tall.

gaunt adjective \ˈgȯnt, ˈgänt\
: very thin usually because of illness or suffering
: plain and unpleasant in appearance : desolate and gloomy

You either, don't like him; you are worried that the coaching staff is screwing the pooch this year; you don't know what gaunt means; you don't give a seventeen year old that may be a tad more awkward than average a hard time; you still haven't forgiven him for wearing Penn State gear to South Bend, or something else I fail to recognize.

Seriously, I have seen gaunt. Guys coming out of a jungle at 5'10 and 120lbs. That is gaunt. I feel the use of that adjective is a negative indicator as to this kids value per posters on this thread. Not a biggie; there is nothing wrong with that on general principle.

But this kid is an explosive player with a bunch of talent and a high ceiling. I think the sky is the limit in this offense because I believe he has hands, and by filling in to a 210 lb athlete (+30 lbs.,) he has shown he can bulk without gaining bad weight.

Kind of like Jaylon Smith. I saw him play in high school at just over 200lbs. There was no comparison in seeing him last year at 230! As good as he is, he still added a Division 1 bang with that weight; bigger player, just as if not more explosive, (see SC interception.)

This is another kid that has that bulk-ability. As far as the gear, without being condescending or gauche, I think the Pen State gear was not intended to insult.

Oft times we expect everyone we come in contact with to have the same experiential base as we do, including resources and life experiences. Often others do not. I think that another positive with Josh is how far he has come from where and what he started with, and through what (ACL, etc.) he has persevered. I celebrate that with Josh.

What would you say about this kid?

Old 07-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #133 (permalink)
T Town Tommy
Alabama Bag Man

Cash: 19,904.86
Bank: 83,538,004,633.57
Total Bankroll: 83,538,024,538.43
Donate
T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds New Orleans Saints Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
This kid is 208-210 verified. He is 6'2" tall.
Yep. TJ Yeldon was 6'2" 205 when he signed with Bama. He is doing ok. I am not worried about Adams size.