Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #92 (permalink)
Irishman77
THE WOLF

Cash: 129,077.80
Bank: 101,631,599,505,940.28
Total Bankroll: 101,631,599,635,018.08
Donate
Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Didn't see this video...sorry if it was posted elsewhere.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YbS4rjUD6-E

Someone embed...

Didn't know he missed most of his jr year with torn acl...yikes
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-30-2014, 01:40 PM   #93 (permalink)
Luckylucci
Community Moderator

Cash: 201,511,396.74
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 201,511,396.74
Donate
Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!

From all reports Josh is a good kid and a good ATH but as far as fit it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. This is a special day for him and I'll share some thoughts at a later point. Congrats Josh!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-30-2014, 01:43 PM   #94 (permalink)
IrishLax
Playing with fire...

Cash: 560,766.43
Bank: 405,522,865,719,716,672.00
Total Bankroll: 405,522,865,720,277,376.00
Donate
IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!
Washington Nationals Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDU Irish View Post
Sounds like they are projecting some bigger upside on this kid as he physically matures. Already a 4*, top 20 RB in the class based on playing 25 pounds lighter as a junior. Throw another 25 pounds of muscle (mostly on his legs) and I think you have an interesting story.

I think BK and Co. have been pretty good at picking these later bloomers out of the crowd. Already an impressive athlete and turns into a monster if he can add 50 pounds relative to his junior tape (I'm assuming he was 175-180).

Seeing how he was just in for II and the staff got a good look at him bulked up significantly from last fall, I have no qualms with the offer and excited for the commitment.

I am surprised to see "bruising big back" labeled here where he looks thin, runs high and doesn't run over hardly anyone in the highlight video. Makes me curious if that is what he is bringing to camps since he really didn't need to do that in HS and coaches in camps may be putting him to that challenge.
Agreed. To be a "bruising big back" usually you have to have:
1. A solid, stocky build.
2. Run with good pad level.
3. Love contact.

Elijah Hood is a power back. Has solid speed and athleticism to go with a powerful build, incredible balance, and great strength. One of the reasons so many people were sour on Ty Isaac was his fumbilitis coupled with being snakebit with some injuries coupled with his running style where he ran around contact. I've yet to watch enough Josh Adams, but GAIII was 6'1" and almost 220 and his style dictated that he was absolutely not a power back. Unless Josh can get up to 230+ (which is questionable looking at this frame) I don't know how someone like that can be labeled a power back.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:45 PM   #95 (permalink)
Domina Nostra
Starter

Cash: 96,470,990.12
Bank: 737,930,031,453.59
Total Bankroll: 738,026,502,443.71
Donate
Domina Nostra should be giving advice to Kelly!Domina Nostra should be giving advice to Kelly!Domina Nostra should be giving advice to Kelly!Domina Nostra should be giving advice to Kelly!Domina Nostra should be giving advice to Kelly!Domina Nostra should be giving advice to Kelly!Domina Nostra should be giving advice to Kelly!Domina Nostra should be giving advice to Kelly!Domina Nostra should be giving advice to Kelly!Domina Nostra should be giving advice to Kelly!Domina Nostra should be giving advice to Kelly!
Baltimore Orioles Baltimore Ravens Notre Dame

I like this kid as a LB. I don't like RBs 6'2" and over as a rule.

Here's how I see this year:

The staff is tired of swinging and missing with high 4-star or 5-star kids, and then scrambling to try to get the high 3-star kids with good potential that they have been slow-playing. So this year they are signing the close-calls early as a base--getting them locked in--so they can spend their energy fighting for the bigger fish later in the process.

In other words, they are signing the Kolin Hills and Niles Sykes at the beginning of the cycle, instead of scrambling to sign them later.

Still, I consider this a great ick-up. Kid is an athlete, and you need to load up on athletes! Welcome aboard.

Last edited by Domina Nostra; 06-30-2014 at 01:48 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #96 (permalink)
WakeUpEchoes
Senior

Cash: 998,087,744.56
Bank: 39,009,809,986.21
Total Bankroll: 40,007,897,730.77
Donate
WakeUpEchoes should be giving advice to Kelly!WakeUpEchoes should be giving advice to Kelly!WakeUpEchoes should be giving advice to Kelly!WakeUpEchoes should be giving advice to Kelly!WakeUpEchoes should be giving advice to Kelly!WakeUpEchoes should be giving advice to Kelly!WakeUpEchoes should be giving advice to Kelly!WakeUpEchoes should be giving advice to Kelly!WakeUpEchoes should be giving advice to Kelly!WakeUpEchoes should be giving advice to Kelly!WakeUpEchoes should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domina Nostra View Post
Here's how I see this year:

The staff is tired of swinging and missing with high 4-star or 5-star kids, and then scrambling to try to get the high 3-star kids with good potential that they have been slow-playing. So this year they are signing the close-calls early as a base--getting them locked in--so they can spend their energy fighting for the bigger fish later in the process.

In other words, they are signing the Kolin Hills and Niles Sykes at the beginning of the cycle, instead of scrambling to sign them later.
I agree. A lot of people have called for this strategy in years prior when we have crazy depth issues mid-season, then latently complain in the offseason when we get high 3-star and 4-star kids early in the cycle. I'm happy for this kid.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #97 (permalink)
Irish#1
Legend

Cash: 502,513,647,888.37
Bank: 37,408,666,251,028.43
Total Bankroll: 37,911,179,898,916.80
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLax View Post
Answers one of my questions. What happens if a spot opens later?
I suspect that his feelings took a little bit of a blow when Franklin told him they were full. I wouldn't worry about a flip.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #98 (permalink)
Kaneyoufeelit
Bowl Eligible

Cash: 7,099.74
Bank: 5,424,871,223,663,864.00
Total Bankroll: 5,424,871,223,670,964.00
Donate
Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!
Baltimore Orioles Baltimore Ravens Notre Dame USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman77 View Post
Didn't see this video...sorry if it was posted elsewhere.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YbS4rjUD6-E

Someone embed...

Didn't know he missed most of his jr year with torn acl...yikes