Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #295 (permalink)
tko
I am Legend

Cash: 16.34
Bank: 2,180,000,000,000,014.75
Total Bankroll: 2,180,000,000,000,031.00
Donate
tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!tko should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Phillies Notre Dame

So what about Morgan?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #296 (permalink)
woolybug25
#1 Vineyard Vines Fan

Cash: 16,465,842.54
Bank: 4,512,167,908,276,153.00
Total Bankroll: 4,512,167,924,741,996.00
Donate
woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwshade View Post
He's a proven recruiter at a school that takes academics very seriously. 19th and 29th according to Rivals in his first 2 classes.
Technically, he has had three classes, which I still think is way too small of a sample size to call him "proven". His first class was #70 as well. I would never call a guy that coaches in the SEC and hasn't ever had a top 15 recruiting class, "proven".

Quote:
He's won 15 games over his first 2 seasons, something Vandy hasn't done since 1926-27. They won 9 games last year, only the 3rd time Vandy has won 9 games in its history. In his first season they lost to Georgia, Florida, Arkansas and Tennessee all by less than 6 points. They finished last season on a 7 game winning streak averaging 38 points per game. Keep in mind he's done this with some fairly mediocre players left over from the previous staff. His own recruits will start having a major impact this season and going forward. He's a young HC who is an excellent communicator and leader. Players love playing for him. What he's accomplished at Vandy so far has been amazing. And spare me the who have they beaten on their schedule nonsense. That game can be played with any school. He's made Vandy relevant in CF something no one thought possible.
Amazing??? I hardly call one bowl win and a 58% winning percentage good, period. I'm also not a fan of using "close losses" as justification for a coach being good. He still lost. Last season they only played three really good teams in their "brutal" schedule (did any of you know that there is even a team called Presbyterian Blue Hose? Vanderbilt does, they played them) and got humiliated by all three (Florida, Georgia and South Carolina). In fact, show me one BCS caliber team that he has ever beaten. He hasn't. Not once.

And he is a humongous PR liability because of how much of a d!ck he is.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #297 (permalink)
T Town Tommy
Alabama Bag Man

Cash: 13,616.44
Bank: 21,067,950,334.04
Total Bankroll: 21,067,963,950.48
Donate
T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds New Orleans Saints Alabama

Quote:
Your just mad because he referred to Nick Saban as Nick Satan. Face it Saban is not very popular outside of Alabama. As charming as a rattlesnake. BTW how's that Kirby Smart closing the deal with Lorenzo Carter going?
I don't think many people outside of T Town really cares what people think of Saban. Who cares what Franklin spouts off? The question is... that is who you would put high on your list for Kelly replacements? Just surprises me that he would be one of your choices to rep the Irish. As for Carter... he will most likely be a NSD announcement. And if you are discounting Kirby and Nick's chances... well, you may want to hold off on that. Not saying he is a Bama lock but I like their chances.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #298 (permalink)
GoldenIsThyFame

Cash: 2,359,951.87
Bank: 96,598,686,998.45
Total Bankroll: 96,601,046,950.32
Donate
GoldenIsThyFame should be giving advice to Kelly!GoldenIsThyFame should be giving advice to Kelly!GoldenIsThyFame should be giving advice to Kelly!GoldenIsThyFame should be giving advice to Kelly!GoldenIsThyFame should be giving advice to Kelly!GoldenIsThyFame should be giving advice to Kelly!GoldenIsThyFame should be giving advice to Kelly!GoldenIsThyFame should be giving advice to Kelly!GoldenIsThyFame should be giving advice to Kelly!GoldenIsThyFame should be giving advice to Kelly!GoldenIsThyFame should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Manchester United

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolybug25 View Post
Technically, he has had three classes, which I still think is way too small of a sample size to call him "proven". His first class was #70 as well. I would never call a guy that coaches in the SEC and hasn't ever had a top 15 recruiting class, "proven".

Amazing??? I hardly call one bowl win and a 58% winning percentage good, period. I'm also not a fan of using "close losses" as justification for a coach being good. He still lost. Last season they only played three really good teams in their "brutal" schedule (did any of you know that there is even a team called Presbyterian Blue Hose? Vanderbilt does, they played them) and got humiliated by all three (Florida, Georgia and South Carolina). In fact, show me one BCS caliber team that he has ever beaten. He hasn't. Not once.

And he is a humongous PR liability because of how much of a d!ck he is.
Wooly he said to spare him the weak schedule talk. You are just supposed to validate his argument and agree with him.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #299 (permalink)
STLDomer
On Time Always

Cash: 1,206,824,634.22
Bank: 537,040.18
Total Bankroll: 1,207,361,674.40
Donate
STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals St Louis Blues Notre Dame

Quote:
And spare me the who have they beaten on their schedule nonsense. That game can be played with any school.
He's 1-10 against teams over .500. That's not playing a game, it's a fact. I'd like to see u play
that "game" with any school.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #300 (permalink)
NDWorld247
Senior

Cash: 285,321,101.05
Bank: 16,880.75
Total Bankroll: 285,337,981.80
Donate
NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Boston Bruins Notre Dame

Franklin has done a remarkable job at Vanderbilt. You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger doormat in SPORTS than Vanderbilt football the last century and he has led them to back to back bowl games and is doing a nice job recruiting. However, I think Vanderbilt peaked in 2012 and they will never get over the 8-4 hump. I will be surprised if they finish 8-4 or better in any season during his time there. Good football coach or not (it's debatable), he is absolutely not the right guy for ND either.

I hope Morgan spurns the glitz of playing in the SEC and decides to play for what's going to be a perennial national contender at ND. I mean, I could see if he was looking at the upper echelon of the SEC (LSU, Bama, UGA, FLA, etc), but he's not. He's looking at middle of the pack teams in Vanderbilt and Ole Miss. Hopefully Papa Morgan and his HC can talk some sense into him.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #301 (permalink)
Booslum31
Team MVP

Cash: 177.82
Bank: 6,077,152,558,655.34
Total Bankroll: 6,077,152,558,833.16
Donate
Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!Booslum31 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Send a message via AIM to Booslum31
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Browns Chicago Blackhawks Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDWorld247 View Post
Franklin has done a remarkable job at Vanderbilt. You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger doormat in SPORTS than Vanderbilt football the last century and he has led them to back to back bowl games and is doing a nice job recruiting. However, I think Vanderbilt peaked in 2012 and they will never get over the 8-4 hump. I will be surprised if they finish 8-4 or better in any season during his time there. Good football coach or not (it's debatable), he is absolutely not the right guy for ND either.

I hope Morgan spurns the glitz of playing in the SEC and decides to play for what's going to be a perennial national contender at ND. I mean, I could see if he was looking at the upper echelon of the SEC (LSU, Bama, UGA, FLA, etc), but he's not. He's looking at middle of the pack teams in Vanderbilt and Ole Miss. Hopefully Papa Morgan and his HC can talk some sense into him.
This. If he wants football...go with one of the four other SEC schools. If he wants just education that would be Vandy. If he wants the best of BOTH...ND has a spot open for him.