Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #337 (permalink)
EuropeanDomer
Freshman

Cash: 9,040.18
Bank: 9,816.80
Total Bankroll: 18,856.98
Donate
EuropeanDomer is a leader in the communityEuropeanDomer is a leader in the communityEuropeanDomer is a leader in the communityEuropeanDomer is a leader in the communityEuropeanDomer is a leader in the communityEuropeanDomer is a leader in the communityEuropeanDomer is a leader in the communityEuropeanDomer is a leader in the communityEuropeanDomer is a leader in the communityEuropeanDomer is a leader in the communityEuropeanDomer is a leader in the community
Los Angeles Dodgers New York Knicks Kansas City Chiefs New York Islanders Arsenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbikowski88 View Post
No timetable to commit and will visit Purdue in the next few weeks. He will also visit ND for a game later on, ND made a great impression.
No timetable to commit? he is already committed
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 08-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #338 (permalink)
Ironman8
Jaqen H'ghar

Cash: 8,215,603.80
Bank: 340,617,227,597.41
Total Bankroll: 340,625,443,201.20
Donate
Ironman8 should be giving advice to Kelly!Ironman8 should be giving advice to Kelly!Ironman8 should be giving advice to Kelly!Ironman8 should be giving advice to Kelly!Ironman8 should be giving advice to Kelly!Ironman8 should be giving advice to Kelly!Ironman8 should be giving advice to Kelly!Ironman8 should be giving advice to Kelly!Ironman8 should be giving advice to Kelly!Ironman8 should be giving advice to Kelly!Ironman8 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks New York Giants New Jersey Devils Providence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
Okay okay Ill quit with the fussing. Hopefully the guy works out and Im wrong.

No offense meant to anyone
Don't be a CottonHeadedNinnyMuggins.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #339 (permalink)
koonja
GOAT

Cash: 60,585,647.00
Bank: 271,308,107,861.73
Total Bankroll: 271,368,693,508.73
Donate
koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Tony Krausz ‏@JGKrausz 1h

Tranquill, a #Purdue commit, said he got a better feel of why #NotreDame sees him as a MLB. No time table on final decision.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #340 (permalink)
ab2cmiller
Troublemaker in training

Cash: 715,138.94
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 715,138.94
Donate
ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!ab2cmiller should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Fort Wayne newspaper article about the visit
Tranquill enjoys Notre Dame visit | The Journal Gazette

Quote:
Tranquill enjoys Notre Dame visit
Tony Krausz | The Journal Gazette

SOUTH BEND – Drue Tranquill is still committed to Purdue, but Notre Dame made an impression on the Carroll linebacker.

Tranquill visited Notre Dame with his parents and girlfriend on Saturday, and he got a lot of questions answered.

"I kind of got to see everything they have to offer, whether it was academics, football, team camaraderie, the campus itself, just everything was great," Tranquill said in a phone interview shortly after leaving campus. "Throughout the day there was just this theme of expectations of excellence. It was just notable in basically everything.

"It is really a community-oriented, family-oriented campus. I mean there's 8,500 students all striving for excellence. When success is a standard, it makes it easier to work hard and stuff. It was just great. All of the guys were great. I watched them practice, hung out with them a little bit and had lunch with them."

Tranquill had lunch with freshmen linebackers Jaylon Smith, a Bishop Luers graduate, and Michael Deebs, along with junior linebacker Joe Schmidt.

He said the players gave him good insight into what it was like being at Notre Dame.

"Basically, they were saying in high school when you get an A on a paper, it would be cool. You are just trying to get by," Tranquill said. "But at Notre Dame, when you get that A on a paper, it's just a sense of relief and a sense of accomplishment. The biggest thing that stuck out to me was just how accomplished you will feel when you get that done in the classroom. You will say, 'Wow, I got a degree from the University of Notre Dame.' "

Tranquill said he was also impressed with how academics are handled for incoming freshmen.

"The coolest thing that stuck out to me academic-wise was the first year at Notre Dame, nothing is intended," Tranquill said. "Basically, everyone goes in undecided, and the first year is like kind of an overview. The first year is going to be basically you're kind of discovering which field is going to be the best for you and what you want to do.

"They give their students a year to kind of do that, take classes and understand more of the fields they are interested in."

Tranquill also got a better grasp of why Notre Dame has interest in making him a middle linebacker. Purdue recruited Tranquill as a defensive athlete and could use him at outside linebacker or safety.

"They definitely see me in the middle spot," said Tranquill, who discussed how he could fit into the Irish's defense with defensive coordinator Bob Diaco and defensive line coach Mike Elston after Saturday's practice. "They see a lot of intangibles there. They want players with a motor, aggressiveness, leadership, they saw all of that in me. They didn't have a spot at safety. They didn't have that many spots at outside linebacker. When they look at their defense and their scheme and how players fit, they don't normally usually go out of their set profile of a player. They even said Jaylon Smith (who is 6-foot-2, 230 pounds) is a small outside linebacker for them, but obviously, Jaylon is a great athlete, so he was kind of an exception.

"They said I'm a profile middle linebacker for them. They said they like to bring in developmental guys that they turn into a product. Obviously, weight-wise, I'm a little smaller, but their weight coach (Paul Longo) says he sees me being 235, 240, no problem. When you look at that, that runs right along with the linebackers they've recently had. Manti Te'o is 6-2, 250, so I'm 6-2 ½, 240. They were able to explain that a little more to me and made me feel a little more comfortable with the idea of possibly playing middle linebacker."

What Tranquill isn't comfortable with is setting a time frame for when he has to decide to stick with his commitment to Purdue or possibly switch to Notre Dame.

"I'm not going to put that added pressure on me," Tranquill said. "It's a lot to handle on top of your senior season. I only get to go through my senior season once, so that is my primary focus right now. Obviously, I'm going to talk it over with my parents and close family friends. But I'm not going to put a time table on it. I'm definitely still committed to Purdue. I got a lot of questions answered today. I got a lot of information presented to me, and I'm going to have to talk it over with my family.

"Obviously, they are two different schools and have different things to offer. I just take what they have into consideration. Ultimately, I'm the one who has to live with my decision and no one else. I just have to take all of that into consideration and make the best decision for myself."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #341 (permalink)
koonja
GOAT

Cash: 60,585,647.00
Bank: 271,308,107,861.73
Total Bankroll: 271,368,693,508.73
Donate
koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

If he's truly 6'2.5", and about 210 as a senior-to-be, I say sign him up.

Local kid, seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and at a position we don't recruit well at.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #342 (permalink)
STLDomer
Big Baller Brand

Cash: 7,226,545.26
Bank: 3,739,586.73
Total Bankroll: 10,966,131.99
Donate
STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals St Louis Blues Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbikowski88 View Post
No timetable to commit and will visit Purdue in the next few weeks. He will also visit ND for a game later on, ND made a great impression.
I think he'll be Irish rather soon, don't think he makes that Purdue visit. Sounds like ND sold him on playing ILB and the academics
Old 08-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #343 (permalink)
GreenSox04
LET THE BIG DOG EAT!

Cash: 21,007,288.38
Bank: 1,482,674,565,105.48
Total Bankroll: 1,482,695,572,393.86
Donate
GreenSox04 should be giving advice to Kelly!GreenSox04 should be giving advice to Kelly!GreenSox04 should be giving advice to Kelly!GreenSox04 should be giving advice to Kelly!GreenSox04 should be giving advice to Kelly!GreenSox04 should be giving advice to Kelly!GreenSox04 should be giving advice to Kelly!GreenSox04 should be giving advice to Kelly!GreenSox04 should be giving advice to Kelly!GreenSox04 should be giving advice to Kelly!GreenSox04 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame

Bring him in. Any kid from Indiana good enough to receive an offer from us needs to be here IMO.