Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2007 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jason Pham
Administrator

Cash: 763,702.05
Bank: 612,442,476,098,967.00
Total Bankroll: 612,442,476,862,669.00
Donate
Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

'07 CA QB Jimmy Clausen (Signed LOI to Notre Dame)

Jimmy Clausen - Quarterback (6-3/200)
Oaks Christian (Westlake Village, CA)

Combine
Forty: 4.7 Seconds
Bench Reps: N/A
Bench Max: N/A
Squat Max: N/A
Shuttle: N/A
Vertical: N/A

Rankings & Accolades
- Rivals.com 100 (1)
- Rivals.com Pro-Style Quarterbacks (1)
- Rivals.com California Top 100 (1)
- Scout.com Quarterbacks (1)

Star Ratings
Rivals.com:
Scout.com:

School Choices
1. Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
2. Michigan
3. South Carolina
4. Southern Cal

Last edited by Jason Pham; 01-26-2007 at 03:27 PM..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-25-2007, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jason Pham
Administrator

Cash: 763,702.05
Bank: 612,442,476,098,967.00
Total Bankroll: 612,442,476,862,669.00
Donate
Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!Jason Pham should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Last edited by TonyTiger; 01-26-2007 at 01:01 PM..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-26-2007, 12:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
TonyTiger
Varsity Club Member

Cash: 114,301.17
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 114,301.17
Donate
TonyTiger has a good aura about themTonyTiger has a good aura about them
Detroit Tigers Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journal...s/16470418.htm

Clausen is ready to start Notre Dame career
By Michael Rothstein
The Journal Gazette
Associated Press

WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. – His eyes glared off to the sun slowly setting over the mountains in the distance. It became the focus point for him as yet another reporter asked him questions in November.

Sitting on an elevated slab of concrete in the courtyard of his high school, Oaks Christian, Jimmy Clausen looks different than the last time we saw him.

Gone is the spiked-up, Jimmy Neutron hair, replaced by a closely cut hairstyle that makes him fit in amongst his peers a little easier. So, too, are the championship rings on his fingers – although this could be due to his departure for football practice in a few moments.

This was part of the final days of Clausen in California, as he’s in South Bend now, preparing to start classes as an early enrollee at Notre Dame this week along with cornerback Gary Gray and running back Armando Allen.

Clausen’s last two months had been busy. He won a state championship in football, the first time the California Interscholastic Federation held a state-wide title game. He took home Player of the Year honors at the All-American Bowl in San Antonio and now the beginning of his competition to replace Brady Quinn as Notre Dame’s starting quarterback.

“Every coach says if you’re good enough to play, you’re going to get a chance to compete,” Clausen said. “If I went to any other place, those coaches would say that. (Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis is) saying that to every other kid he’s recruiting right now.

“That’s what every kid wants to hear, that they have a chance to compete, and that’s all I’m asking.”

This is how Notre Dame’s most heralded quarterback recruit since Ron Powlus will enter his career – in a tough competition.

Four candidates will vie for the right to be Quinn’s successor: Clausen, sophomore Evan Sharpley and freshmen Demetrius Jones and Zach Frazer. Weis said spring practice has the potential for excitement and increased interest in part because of the open slot at quarterback.

“If there is anybody that could come in and start as a freshman at quarterback, it is Jimmy Clausen,” said Bill Redell, Clausen’s coach at Oaks Christian and a former Canadian Football League quarterback. “I’m not saying he will, but if anyone can do it, he can.”

This is the type of pressure Clausen is used to. He saw it from his older brothers, Casey and Rick. He also had it from himself – as he was the consensus top prospect in the country entering his senior season and was on a football team with at least nine other Division I players.

But throughout all of this, the 19-year-old Clausen tried to remain a kid. He’d go to Newport Beach or Santa Monica with his friends to hang out and escape the real world closing in around him. Clausen needs those moments because there is so much of his life that has become public.

When he attended Oaks Christian, classmates asked him to sign footballs and helmets and take pictures with them. Sound familiar? Quinn had memorabilia left outside his dorm room almost daily at Notre Dame, awaiting his signature.

“It’s kind of weird and stuff like that, but I’ve got to go through it,” said Clausen, who described the whole scenario as a little surreal.

A lot of it goes back to the way he made his commitment to Notre Dame. It was flashy and extravagant for a high school kid, but it is something Clausen is over. He said it is in the past and “it’s what I wanted, what I did and I moved on.”

It is a confident statement, and that is what Redell says is Clausen’s biggest strength as a quarterback. It also may be his biggest weakness, as the competition he’ll face in college will be a lot stronger now.

“He’s such a competitive kid he doesn’t think he can get beat,” Redell said. “He’s so competitive he may need to rein it in sometimes. I don’t mean it in a cocky way. Joe Kapp didn’t think he could be beat. Jimmy hasn’t yet. He’s 42-0 as a quarterback.

“His greatest strength is that he’s competitive. His greatest weakness is that he needs to tone down the competitiveness.”

Redell’s best example: Clausen in the CIF-Southern Section championship game his sophomore year against Oak Park. Coming out of halftime, Oaks Christian trailed, 21-20. Clausen pulled Redell over on the 10-yard line and told him “Don’t worry coach, I’ll take it from here. We’ll beat them.”

What happened?

Clausen scored three touchdowns, Redell said, and Oaks Christian cruised to a victory.

That is Clausen’s past. This is his present: another freshman in South Bend, trying to adjust to college life, nervous and eager all at the same time.

“I kind of want to get out of high school and move on with everything that is going to be going on,” Clausen said.

“It’s fun and kind of scary looking at it, leaving everything.”

mrothstein@jg.net
Old 01-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
njuneardave
Blue Chip Recruit

Cash: 184,659.00
Total Bankroll: 184,659.00
Donate
njuneardave is a glorious beacon of lightnjuneardave is a glorious beacon of lightnjuneardave is a glorious beacon of lightnjuneardave is a glorious beacon of lightnjuneardave is a glorious beacon of lightnjuneardave is a glorious beacon of lightnjuneardave is a glorious beacon of lightnjuneardave is a glorious beacon of lightnjuneardave is a glorious beacon of light
Houston

tony, with all of the work on the ND board lately... are you becoming a closet Irish fan?
Old 01-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
TonyTiger
Varsity Club Member

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njuneardave View Post
tony, with all of the work on the ND board lately... are you becoming a closet Irish fan?
LOL. I can seriously admit that I have alot less Notre Dame hate since becoming the Admin here, but I dont think I could ever derail myself from the green and white.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
TonyTiger
Varsity Club Member

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Rogers
"Good size, good mobility, can throw on the run when flushed. Has a high release point and gets the ball out of his hands quickly. Shows really good arm strength and excellent accuracy on deep balls. Shows good anticipation to spots on the field and equally effective against zone or man. What sets Clausen apart from others is his ability to zip the ball in on hard throws. He can really throw the slant and skinny post. He also has excellent setup and footwork mechanics, so he is rarely out of position to make a throw. Should be a standout in Charlie Weiss’ offense and able to play early because he has learned about facing pressure from his older brothers."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Clausen
"Some of the throws he's making right now, I couldn't do that until my junior year at Tennessee."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farrell
"Clausen is as mechanically developed as any quarterback in the last decade. He has a very quick release he delivers from ear level, a strong arm and excellent accuracy. Clausen is mobile enough to get outside the pocket when needed and throws well on the run. He has excellent feet, makes quick and smart decisions and displays excellent poise and pocket presence. Clausen throws a nice deep ball, but his strength is in the intermediate passing game where he can deliver the ball with the most zip. He leads his targets well and knows how to throw the ball in tight coverage, putting it where only his receiver can catch it. Clausen gets into his drops quickly and sets well before most of his throws. He has good ball skills but needs to sell play action a bit better. He needs to add strength and fill out his frame."
Sounds like a solid pickup. :D

Last edited by TonyTiger; 01-26-2007 at 01:53 PM..
Old 01-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
TonyTiger
Varsity Club Member

Donate

So do you guys think Clausen starts from year one? Or does he play a #2 role? Or perhaps, does he get a redshirt?