View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
NDShark
Freshman

Cash: 199,000,001,268.39
Bank: 2,080,733,845,184.90
Total Bankroll: 2,279,733,846,453.30
Donate
NDShark should be giving advice to Kelly!NDShark should be giving advice to Kelly!NDShark should be giving advice to Kelly!NDShark should be giving advice to Kelly!NDShark should be giving advice to Kelly!NDShark should be giving advice to Kelly!NDShark should be giving advice to Kelly!NDShark should be giving advice to Kelly!NDShark should be giving advice to Kelly!NDShark should be giving advice to Kelly!NDShark should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Giants Notre Dame

Posted in the other thread then saw this one...

Hmm, I don't know jack about it. But, if I were to develop a plan, my process would look something like:

1) Intensive (and continuous) research -- reviewing tapes, visiting schools, talking with the recruits of interest and their famillies, etc
2) Big Board Development
a. Determine ideal class needs (in 2016, this would include CBs...)
b. Rank order recruits by position
c. Develop hierarchies within position ranks (un-commitable, Take, High Choice, and Top Choice seem to be kindly worded categories). Un-commitable is obvious. Take is not so obvious. Depending on # of players required at a position and number of recruits ahead of a Take, this is a discussion about fit and skill set vs other recruits. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think I'd want to place any recruit here until later in the process to avoid commitable offer confusion. High and Top Choice should be more obvious. Again, though, depending on how many recruits have interest and space available, this could become a discussion, or, as a staff, you can commit to first come, first serve. I think the staff should strive for the latter, which brings more transparency to the process for everyone involved.

After writing all of that, I now feel Un-commitable and Commitable would be two suitable categories, assuming your interested recruits are rank-ordered appropriately. This clearly demarcates who can commit on a first come / first serve basis.

d. Update board continuously throughout the year.
3) Communication of Intent
In communication w/ recruits, be honest about where they stand. Maybe don't disclose their rank order, specifically, but be honest about whether or not the offer is commitable. If there are only two categories on the big board, this is a very easy conversation. If the offer isn't commitable, but could be soon if you whiff on a higher ranked recruit, I'd mention that a commitable offer could be coming soon.
NDShark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!