View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
NDinBoston
Freshman

Cash: 64,848.70
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 64,848.70
Donate
NDinBoston should be giving advice to Kelly!NDinBoston should be giving advice to Kelly!NDinBoston should be giving advice to Kelly!NDinBoston should be giving advice to Kelly!NDinBoston should be giving advice to Kelly!NDinBoston should be giving advice to Kelly!NDinBoston should be giving advice to Kelly!NDinBoston should be giving advice to Kelly!NDinBoston should be giving advice to Kelly!NDinBoston should be giving advice to Kelly!NDinBoston should be giving advice to Kelly!

IE Forum named new ND Football Recruiting Coordinator

It's official, this board has been named the new ND Football Recruiting Coordinator.

Kidding aside, I have been thinking a lot about all the great suggestions and insights that fly around on this board. However, they are usually dynamic comments and responses reacting to something specific and not pulled together into a cohesive summary. They are often seemingly in conflict as well so no real consensus emerges.

I thought it might be an interesting thread to try and solicit some high level summaries of how you would approach recruiting. Some could post their approach and everyone else can comment and all the discussion could be captured in a single thread to be revisited more easily than currently spread across countless threads. Specific recruiting situations can be discussed as examples/test cases.

Some topics to get everyone started:
  • Casting a wider net
  • Commitable offers
  • Slow playing
  • Local talent
  • 5*s/Difference-makers
  • RKGs
  • Junior Days
  • Irish Invasion
  • Camps
  • Early Signing Period

Each of these topics have pros/cons. I'll add to this list with topics/buzz-phrases I've missed.

Up to 94 offers (as of 2/16/17):
  • 1 QB
  • 2 APB
  • 4 RB
  • 14 WR
  • 7 TE
  • 7 OT
  • 1 OG
  • 6 WDE
  • 2 SDE
  • 6 DT
  • 5 ILB
  • 6 OLB
  • 12 CB
  • 11 S
  • 10 ATH

Last edited by NDinBoston; 02-16-2017 at 11:01 PM..
NDinBoston is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!