Thread: SEC Open Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #164 (permalink)
T Town Tommy
Alabama Bag Man

Cash: 15,612.67
Bank: 27,798,713,047.03
Total Bankroll: 27,798,728,659.70
Donate
T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds New Orleans Saints Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
This best conference claim is tiresome and specious. From an Irishman's independent vantage, I see teams, not conferences. If you want to wrap yourself in the victories of your top teams, that's fine, but irrelevant. If you want to dismiss the ACC as a second rate conference, that's fine, but blind to the results of this weekend. You don't want pride and regionalism to limit your ability to be objective.

Missouri and Texas A&M didn't become world beaters just because they joined the SEC. As former Big 12 teams, they have done pretty well with minimal changes in their programs. Kudos to Missouri for their second trip in two years to Atlanta. Mizzou made it to the Big 12 championship game two years in a row in 2007 & 2008, too. But that's a much worse conference in your mind, I'm sure. And Missouri plays in the SEC East and you would probably consider them to be mediocre in the SEC West.
Legacy,

I enjoy your posts as you bring a lot of very good information to them. And you should post more. But don't let your hate of anything override your objectiveness.

Every ACC team playing an SEC team yesterday was favored to win with the exception of Ga Tech. Somehow, a poor Fla Gator team with a lame duck coach almost beat the undefeated FSU Criminoles. A team that is probably headed to the playoffs. The 9-3 Louisville Cards beat Ky by four. Wow. Four whole points. Against traditional cellar dweller Ky. Clemson finally breaks S Carolina's streak. Great for them. And Tech hadn't beat Ga since something like 2008. I was actually pulling for Tech in that one as there are a couple of hometown guys who play for Tech ( J. Thomas and J Golden). For the record.... I hope Ga keeps Richt around for years.

Mizzou... again, they have been the recipient of coming in to the SEC East when the traditional powers in the East have been down. But I will take nothing away from them. They have won - even against the less than stellar teams of the East - and deserve the recognition they get. Solid front seven on defense, an ability to win games when needed, and a great addition to the conference as a whole.

The Aggies. Let's see. They finished third, fourth, and sixth....... in their division. Their hype and their coach is overrated. Been saying it for three years now.

And yes... I do consider the SEC East to be mediocre to the SEC West. As does most people who watch college football.
T Town Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!